Chapter12 :catching up

First I'd like to thank Badbitchicha for the lovely cover, Thank you!
Secondly thank you for reading up to this point.
I'm trying to make it work , so I'd really appreciate you voting and commenting your thoughts ! ❤️

•••••••••••••••••••••••

   After I told both Lily and Bryan my story, and had them feel my roller coster of a life.
I went back home because with that my night had came to an end. and I sure needed to recharge. In other words SLEEP.
  What I didn't expect to see was Delilah being home.
"Hey... I thought you'll be spending the night with Nicholas" I ask as soon as I spot her and I wait for an answer.
"Yea I planned to do so but he was tired and he said he didn't want me to leave you alone" she said shrugging.

So he has some manners after all.
"Where were you anyways? You left before us and you just came back home?" Delilah asked.

"I made new friends and I was out with them actually, maybe we should all go out together sometime"
"That sounds good, I really thought you'd say you were working, you need a break" that's Delilah threatening me.

"Soon, not just yet Delilah" I tell her.
I am in fact planning to leave with her back home to new york. I really miss my other friends.

Nothing happened after that, we each took a shower and head to sleep.
Or so I though as soon as I drift to sleep my phone starts ringing I reach and hung up, shortly after I get a text.
I open my closed eyes slowly but sure thing I feel the pain from the brightness of my phone screen.

*Hi, I'm sorry for what happened in the past I just felt like I had to apologize personally... don't tell Delilah about this text*
Only one person came to mind when reading those words, but why wouldn't he want me to tell Delilah?
I close my eyes to sleep again.
Only to be woken up by another text from the same number.

*I'm sure you're asleep now, I'm sorry if I woke you up but I had to say it*

And then another text
*can we meet up tomorrow? We need to talk about something... but good night for now*

What could he possibly want? From ME? I have nothing to talk to him about nor do I want his apology. So I went back to sleep, this time with no interruptions.

I wake up with a weird feeling with the memories of my dream still running in my head.
I've dreamed of Nicholas and it was... I don't know after his texts last night, he was the last thought I had in mind before sleeping, that must be it.
Should I call him to ask what he wants or should I wait for him to explain himself. Or should I talk to Delilah about it?

« You should get up, come on ! » I hear Delilah say whole standing by the door frame.
« You're already awake ? »I ask her.
« It's 11am of course I am, I'm hungry, let's go out and have breakfast »

And that's how I found my self in a café with a menu in hand trying to figure out what to it.
I can't focus today, that dream and those thoughts.
That dream felt real and almost like a memory.
« You've been staring at that menu for 10 minutes straight, is something wrong at work? »

Work. I wish.
« No, I'll just have pancakes and coffee, My brain still can't function without any coffee in my system » I say truthfully.
We got ready and went downstairs to the coffee place a cross the street.

"Speaking of work, how is dad doing with work there? "I add.
"A lot is going on, he's actually thinking about expanding with Nicolas firm" she said wiggling her brows and then continued "I think it's good thing we're dating my father and his have some big plans, I think we'll find out soon"
« And he didn't think about telling me this? »
« It's still not official, you're in the business so of course you would be first to know » she answers.

Maybe that's why Nicholas wants to talk to me.
Could it be that he wants to propose to her?
Just the thought in my head got me all excited.
I reach for my phone and texted, Nicholas deciding on a location near by.

« I'll be leaving in a bit, I have a few things I need to take care of » I inform Delilah.
« Sure ! I'm going to the GYM meet you after ? »she answers back.
« Of course »
Soon after I get a text from Nicholas confirming our meet in 30 minutes.
I finish up and made sure Delilah was out of the way and then headed out to our meet, which was in a park just 5 minutes away.

             ******************************

I'm editing the story along with changing a lot of the details here and there, I suggest you re-read it if you have already.
I believe it's coming together better this time.
Enjoy