Chapter18: Deal

I tried to catch my breath with everything that
just happened.
He is, he really is, my one night stand of that time.

He knows and he's making it harder for me.
What should I do?
I need to focus... breath... I need to calm my self and act as if nothing had happened.
I ask and answer myself at the same time.

"Knock knock! All good in there?"
I heard Liam's voice coming from the other side of the door.
The least I could want right now is a male's presence.
"Yes , I just need to freshen up ,I'll be right out"
I say in a flat tone.

I got out I found him still waiting for me.

"Come on let's go back, desert is being served"
The night is still going, I guess.
This time going back to that dinning room felt harder and I find myself thinking of an escape or an excuse but Liam took my hand in his and lead me to the dinning room.
As we approached, no body noticed us as they were all talking.
Except you know who.
He seemed to get bothered by my hand in Liams so I quickly loosened his hand.
Nicholas seemed pleased with that as his expression changed and turned back to what he was doing.
Why did I do that?
Why was my first instinct to please him?
I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot.

I sat back down, next to Liam.

"So as I said, I'd love to take Isabelle to work with me, I mean I can see you miss her and you want her back here, I'm glad we all agreed to this decision"

Oh god he's talking about this,I totally forgot that I have to work with him.

"Oh my god really?" This was my sister asking him excitedly then kissing him on the lips.
I also forgot that I haven't told her about this part.
Nicholas looked at me briefly.
He pushed Delilah's slightly to end the kiss and asked me.
"So, it's all taken care of?"

"She says yes ! She's been thinking about coming back, she told me that, and I know now you'd be nicer to her " my sister is beginning to be annoying.
I know we've already talked about this and I already made my decision by coming here.

He's finding this amusing and he wants to hear my answer again after knowing who he really is.

But what if I change my mind and say  'no',
Dad and Nicholas will demand excuses and I don't have any.
I have to be strong and own up to it. I won't let him affect me.

"What do you say? This will be a chance for us to get to know each other better, and I'd love to see you every morning since I work with Nicholas as well " this was Liam whispering in my ears, what he said made the decision easier.
If Liam's there, then I shall be fine working with Nicholas.

"Sure, we've talked about this already" I say bored.
"I guess the decision has been made. When will you need my services?" I challenge the guy in front of me.

"Yes ! " Delilah said excitedly, while Nicholas does his half smile.
I felt Liams' hand squeezing mine, while he was holding a smile.
Again he came close to my ears and whispered.

"I have a feeling that what I said helped you make your decision"

" it helped "
He just chuckled .
After desert , we just gathered up in the next living room, where the guys chose to drink some alcoholic drinks, my dad included.

Delilah was so excited, she kept telling me about those places her and Nicholas were planning to visit. All while Nicholas was next to her but talking to my dad.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong , when I'm not doing anything.
I know I should tell Delilah everything.
but how can I ?
She's happy and excited plus that was a one night and I'll make sure it stays that way.

I was cut off of my thoughts when Nicholas spoke.
"I'm leaving the country tomorrow and I'll be back next week, Isabelle how about you come to the office by the time I'm back?"

"Ok sure " again, that's all I had to say.

My dad and Liam seemed engaged in something interesting at the other side of the room near the bar.
Did I mention Nicholas having a bar in this room?
Well he does.
I approached them, Liam was first to notice me.
"Oh sir I must say you have some lovely daughters, you must be proud " he said while pulling towards him and leaving his hand on my waist. I felt my cheeks heating up from his actions specially in-front of my dad.

"Of course I'm proud of her after everything she's been through, she's a successful and very strong, she never lets anything put her down " then my dad came towards me to hug me.
"If I have to comment on that, I'd say I got it all from you old man" I say truthfully.

At this point I think these two had enough drinks for tonight.
"Hey, I think it's time for us to leave "
I held my dad up when he was about to fall.
"Can anyone help here ?"
"Oh my dad seems to have fun "
Delilah said laughing at the same time .
"Why not? You know I always work "
Then Nicholas came to help.

"I'll just help him to one of the extra bedrooms, he can rest there"
"Oh no it's fine, we're leaving"
"We are ?" asked my sister.

"Why ? The house is pretty big you're welcome to stay"
To be honest I needed some time to process all of this, and I'm really tired.

"I'm just tired, Delilah you can stay if you'd like , I'll just leave with dad" I said assuring her.
She seemed to believe me,
"Ok then as you wish "
Some other person didn't seem happy about the decision.
That's a bonus thing because I don't care what he thinks.
After that he just called for his driver to take us home, and I gladly accepted.