Chapter11:Nicholas

Nicholas POV

"Hi man we have this new project and we need to talk about it " Liam said sitting in the chair opposite the my desk .
After 30 minutes of discussing the plan we need to go over.
"That is it for today, you have to go tomorrow to arrange the place and everything and the presentation will be held next week with the opening"
"Sounds great "
Liam again said while leaving the office .

•••••••••••••••••••••••
At the evens stations galleries where the
presentation was held.

The place looked just how we prepared it and all the guessed seemed to enjoy the presentation and hosting.

"Hello you must be Nicholas Anderson, I'm Delilah Evens " she offered her hand.

She was beautiful and her blue eyes seemed welcoming even her smile seemed genuine.
She somehow looked familiar like we met before .
"Hello pleasure to meet you"  I say to her and return the smile. I try, I'm not one to smile.

"I was always curious if you'd make it today since I haven't seen you in any of the meetings"
"Yes, I didn't feel like my service was needed since Liam was attending "
She just smiled. Then asked me another question. Then another.
We just found ourselves talking for hours that night.
"I don't believe we've met before?"
"No we haven't "
"I just think you're familiar "
That night I offered to drive her home and asked for her number.

•••••••••••••••••••••••
TODAY

Delilah talked about her sister Bella, So I was looking forwards to meeting her.
I've met her father before through business, but never her sister.
I had some work in France this week and I told Delilah and she got excited and found that this was the perfect opportunity to meet her sister.

My day consisted of the flight there and because of the time difference I won't be able to work when I arrive, so Delilah arranged for us to meet. The three of us.

"I've landed safely,what you're doing ?" I say to the phone.
"That's great, I'm out with Belle now "
" Enjoy! I'll see you later"
"Ok bye "

I arrived to the hotel. I needed to rest.
After what felt like a solid hour, I was woken up by my phone.
I got up to shower and get ready.
We already decided on the location so I head out right after.

I arrived there before the girls, so I waited for them.
Moments later I spot Delilah entering and right next to her is ... wait.. could this be ?

"Welcome darling, I missed you"
Delilah ran towards me and hugged me while I just kept my hands resting on her waist and greeted...
I kept my eyes fixed at Isabelle. This couldn't be happening, of all the places and people. SHE is HERE.
She was shocked to see me I could tell.
I offer my hand to her to which she accepts, while Delilah introduced us.
I mention for them to sit down and they both do.
"How is it that we keep running into each other?" I ask masking out all the emotions from my voice.
"You remember me?" She responds.
Could she possibly be talking about that night? I mostly ask my self.
I turn to look at Delilah, finding her confused and looking between me and Isabelle.
I was lost in my thoughts.
I've been looking for her for the past year and she just disappeared. That day kept on repeating it self but in my head so I wanted to fix it. I tried.
But apparently she went to Paris,  cause I tried to track her down. Again, I tried.
I stare at her, I had so many questions.
   Staring at her made me remember that night, and what she was wearing didn't help my dirty thoughts.
She excused her self later.

And I took that opportunity to ask Delilah about her name.
« You said your sister was called Bella ? »
« Oh yes.. we're used to calling her Bella, Isabelle is just too formal »
« What about her last name, I remember her last name was Brown and yours is Evens? » I ask again raising my brow.
« Because we're step sisters in fact, but ever since my dad married her mom she chose to keep her name as it is...it doesn't matter really to us we're family, same name or not » Delilah explain at ease.

   We continued our conversation and Bella arrives back to the table.
Only to excuse her self later.
She said she wanted to give us privacy.
She didn't know she just disturbed my whole life, and all the plans I had in mind.
Timing... it's all about timing.
For the first time being around Delilah felt like I was stuck, I wanted to talk to Belle catch up.
The sight of her revived all the memories. Just the sight of her.
I completely zoned out, until Delilah put her hand on my arm: "did you hear what I said?"
"Sorry I zoned out. It must be because I'm so tired" I reply.
Luckily she suggested we go back to the hotel,
To which I offered to drive her first, I can't stand being around her anymore.
I need to think this situation through.