Chapter8: shopping

After 1 year________

A year had passed since I came to France.
And I enjoyed every part of it. I haven't thought much about anything beside work though.
I made a few friends and with them I felt less lonely. I got to have fun nights and learn new things and new places which is always a good thing.
Delilah and my dad come to see me all the time, in holidays and during summer.
They love it here, so it was always them coming to see me never the other way around. I talk to Delilah once every two days.
She said she'll come visit , because she had some news she wanted to share and they shouldn't be shared over the phone.
Sometimes I think she's making excuses up to come here and it's not because of me it's because she loves shopping here.
But I'm really excited to have her come over though, it's been a while since the last time she came.
And Today is the day Delilah arrives.

I went to the airport to get her, I missed her, I really did.
Sometimes just thinking about her makes me regret my decision of coming to France. But here I am.
Arriving with her at my house,  she needs to freshen up before we go out for lunch.

"What do you think we go to 'SOURIRE le restaurant ' for lunch, and maybe tell me what's going on, because I can't wait any longer " I say impatiently.

"That place sounds great but as for the talking part we'll see about that later "
Delilah answered in a teasing tone.

"Agh ... Ok just hurry"

This was so frustrating I mean what is it that she needs to keep for a right time to say.
I tell her everything at any time and I'm not an open person as her, is it something bad ? But again she seems excited and happy.

Finally , she was done, I asked Josef to drive us to the place.

As expected we just ate,
she ordered a fruit de mer soup with some pains grillé and a salad , she wanted to keep it light for she's still a bit jet lag.

We went shopping right after because that was the way I welcome her and say good bye to her every time she comes.
It just make the events transition easier for us, weird I know, but it works.

We got back home tired but very satisfied.
Still I won't let this day pass by without knowing what's going on.
We changed into comfortable cloths, and sat on the porch looking at the amazing view before us.

Now is the perfect time.
I say in my head.
But She beat me to it.
"I can't hold it anymore! So I met this guy and I really think he's the one,  you know I had never liked anyone, and I tried so many time, but this time I think it'll work"
This is great, I wanna hear more so I let her finish.
"I met him at one of the shows that we held in our gallery back in New York, we chatted the whole night and he even offered to drive me home, he took my number and asked me out "
She said excitedly.
"Oh my baby's growing up " I say while acting like an emotional mom.

"Listen there's more, so we've been seeing each other for a month now, and he's been ever the perfect man, and I mean that in every-way possible,  the guy can pass for a greek god or something"
"A month! And you didn't tell me?"
This was surprising to me.

"Well I didn't know it was gonna get serious and I thought if you knew you'd come flying all the way home and threaten the guy"
She was right.

"It's still not too late to do that, in fact this is the perfect time since it is getting serious."

"That's another reason for why I came, he never met dad officially as my boyfriend but dad knows him already, but you two don't know each other..."

"Ok where are you going with this?"

"He'll be here tomorrow and we're having dinner together"
She answers.
"I see you already planned this whole thing huh?"
"aha! I did " she says sounding proud.

"Great cause I couldn't just leave work so suddenly to meet your boyfriend"

"Ok ok we get it you have so many reasons and right now you love me for this pleasant surprise"
Delilah said feeling proud of herself.

"You're still the same old you nothing had changed --wait you didn't even tell me what the guys name is?"

"Oh didn't I? His name is Nicholas"

" 'Nicholas and Delilah' this sounds like a name of a couple from a romantic story" I say truthfully.

"Only it's real , so now to the important part ..."
I cut her off ...
"You're pregnant I knew it, girl why couldn't be
careful?"
"Hey chill I'm not ok ?!" She seemed scared.
"Then what is it "
I ask laughing at her reaction.

"I was thinking we should decide on to wear we gotta pick something stunning" only Delilah would bring out shopping after coming back from shopping.

"We bought dresses earlier so that's what we'll be wearing"
We spent the night talking about her dates with Nicholas and how he's being charming and ever so the gentle man. And I was so happy to hear all about it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm pretty sure the story has started to clear up a bit, and I really hope you're enjoying it so far.
Thank you for reading and please don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT any of your thoughts I'd love to hear them all.
And if there's any mistakes kindly point them out so I'd edit them.

Love ❤️❤️