*Chapter 1

Remember!! This chapter HAS been updated!

Prologue (Added in so make sure to READ)

-6 Years Ago-

My eyes stayed locked onto the streets of the marketplace. He was late.

Worry started to wash over me like a bottle of Mom's perfume that made me sneeze. He didn't leave. Did he? No. He promised. 

A hand rested onto my shoulder, causing me to rip my attention from the street. My eyes met up with a pair of dark green eyes, who looked confused. "Mika, why are you still here?" my father asked.

"Kong hasn't shown up yet" I whined "He's supposed to teach me to move a rock today."

"Hmm" Dad sighed before looking at the street, my own eyes soon following his gaze. 

I grew impatient, he could only teach me twice a week and I was told not to bend until then, so energy was bouncing through my body like a bouncy ball. "He didn't leave..did he?" I asked, my head facing the markets.

"No! Of course not, he might have slept in my darling" Dad spoke before ruffling my hair. Scrunching up my nose, I looked up at him "Are you lying? You always lie when you ruffle my hair" I spoke.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise "Honey, he'll be here" he spoke before adding "and anyone who would lie to you, is not a person you want in your life, remember that"

I gave him a smile before a voice rang behind me. "Mika, are you ready?". I turned and there was Kong and my mother, who had a smile as she handed him a basket of goodies.

"You planned this!" I cheered pointing at them. Kong smiled, his white hair shinning. "Let's go learn to move some rocks".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The marketplace is a very busy and complex place.

The mornings are filled with adults grabbing a quick bite to eat, maybe  few students but its quite quiet. The afternoon is when things change. Things shift from everyone from adults and students grabbing lunch or maybe adults grabbing things for dinner. Heck you even see animals begging for food.  Nighttime is different, you see small groups of couples eating bits of food together.

At the moment, it was almost noon and the market stayed empty, which worried me.

Without business, my family will lose everything we have, which isn't much. We had to stay above the water, maybe even on a boat or else we will sink and we can't. We were almost forced to move to the lower ring but my mother sold some her clothing along with expensive plates.