*Chapter 2

The rest of the afternoon at the station was normal.

I gave people food with a smile and even earned a few tips. Most people were crushed in hugs of joy, but some stood alone, a sad frown on their faces. So, when I ran into one, I gave them a small bit of food.

After giving away all of the food, I made my way back to the markets, where my small home was nearby.

The streets were definitely more crowded, people were crushed together like scrolls. "Shhh Hope baby, it's alright" I heard a woman coo to her baby. A man stood over her in worry for the child.

I turned my head and continued my path towards the market. Once I saw that my family's stand was closed, I quickly sprinted towards my home. Lights illuminated the small home, making it look bigger than it truly was.

I slowly opened the door, to be met with my parents frantically rushing around the house. Clothes were strung all over the house, on the chairs, counters and even the floor.

"Mom? Dad? What's going on?" I asked, my voice laced with confusion. Their heads snapped to me, eyes wide. 

"Darling!" my mother cheered, "The King of the Earth Kingdom has invited us to prepare the food at tonight's party."

A smile instantly fell upon my face. "That's wonderful! Oh good!" I cheered.

"Yes it is! Oh this is always what we've wanted" she sighed, her sour tone vanished. "I can't wait to see the King. Can you believe it?!?!? The King!" Father smiled looking through his suits. "Mika, can you get dressed? I set a dress out on your bed for you" my mother smiled before going back into her frantic state.

Nodding my head, I went into my small room that I barely spent any time in. On the bed, laid a long dress that ended at my feet along with lace joints of fabric faintly covering my arms. It was beautiful.

Once I was dressed, I walked out and smiled to my parents who were still gathering things. "Oh honey, you look amazing" Mother spoke walking up to me and placing a kiss on my hair.

"Just don't give the boys a show, or any men please" sighed father.

"Honey!" Mother snapped turned her head towards him before smiling. Turning back to me, she handed me a gold ticket "Use this to get in darling and we'll be there soon".

I turned and left my home and looked around for cart or some kind of transportation. 

After spotting no sign of transportation, I began my long walk towards the palace.

I released a breath as I walked through the middle class. Some even joined me on my walk, makeup and dresses covering their thin bodies. But most people stayed inside their homes, which of course were lit so they could see. The sun was low in the sky, causing reds, oranges and yellows to dance across the sky. The colors reminded me of the Avatar and his outfit. It looked free flowing. Well DUH he's an Airbender.

I sighed as my feet ached to be with the rocky ground below me. My parents decided that I needed to be classy, so even though I was an Earthbender, I needed to keep my shoes on. Most Earthbenders wore no shoes, so they could stay connected to the earth.

I moved to the side of the street before sitting down on a barrel. I knew my mother would kill me for this but I had to or I might loose my pebbles. I held on to the upper part of my shoe before shoving all my weight onto the sole, causing it to pop out. I quickly did it to the other shoe and I was ready to go, hopefully no one would notice. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say the least, the aching feet were worth it.

The palace was beautiful with a brown-red building color. The Earth Kingdom symbol hung proudly on the three sides of the front of the building. People were lined up everywhere, but their tickets were just a plain white scroll paper color. 

So I did what anyone would do with a shinny golden ticket.

I whistled as I passed everyone. Scoffs and hisses were aimed at me put I ignored it. "Somebody's pretty happy" a voice slurred, causing me to turn around.

There in line stood the earthbender from the station and Katara. Both were sporting makeup and fancy dresses, making me feel under dressed. "Hey! You're the girl with the food" Katara smiled. She had a nice smile, making you feel all warm and fuzzy.

"You can call me Mika" I responded. My gaze drifted around the two girls, the Avatar and Sokka no where in sight. Katara clearly caught onto my drift but the girl next to her merely looked into the distance.

"Sokka and Aang are in the kitchen, Toph and I are entering here." Katara answering, finally giving the girl,- I mean Toph a name.

"Only the best for a waterbender and a blind girl. Am I right?" Toph giggled in a professional tone.

So Toph was blind. I guess the blank stares and odd color eyes did HINT it. 

"Yeah! But I'll see you in there, I need to do a few things before I can party" I laughed before starting towards a Dai Li agent. 

Right as I stepped up to him, his head snapped towards me. "And what do you think you're doing?" he spat.

I already hated him.

I placed my hands onto my hips before answering. "You see, I got a this thing called a ticket and it's printed in gold" I answered, my voice higher than usual, almost child like.

The guards eyes widened in shock as he looked at the ticket. "Oh my spirit, Miss Mika I am deeply sorry, please enter" he spoke before moving out of the way.

"Thank you good sir" I smiled before walking into the palace.