Chapter 23

The next day, I sat in class, uniform on.

The teacher, who I learned was Miss Pin walked in. The class rose and started the Fire Nation anthem after bowing to the teacher. Since I didn't know the words, I mindlessly mouthed, hoping no one noticed.

Once we all sat down the teacher smiled "Now, as you know, Ba Sing Se fell to the hands of the Fire Nation. Now how would the great King let this happen?"

The boy next to me rose his hand. "Yes Jan" Miss Pin called. He stood up "The King was weak and unable to defend his people, thus leading to the fall of Ba Sing Se" he smirked before sitting down.

"Perfect! Would anyone like to elaborate?" she asked, and before I knew it, my hand was in the air. "Moka?"

I rose to my feet, "Ba Sing Se was not in control of the King, it was in the hands of the Dai Li, who lied to the King and the people about the war so they could take control. These lies caused the city to fall".

The teacher looked at me, her eyes wide "I don't know how you would know such information, we are just now getting information on the insides of Ba Sing Se."

I looked down, even these people were blinded by lies.

-----------------------------------------

After class, Aang and I walk through the school yard, eyes are trained on us. "Aang, why is everyone looking at you?" I whisper. "I may have danced" he chuckles before On Ji appears.

"Uh, hi, Kuzon. I really liked that crazy dance you were doing." she blushes.

My eyes shoot to Aang. Did this girl like Aang? Katara was NOT going to be happy.

"Thanks On Ji. I could show it to you again if you like. Ah!" Aang yelps as fire lands near his feet. "Hey! Keep your fire to yourself buddy!" I warn turning to the jerk from yesterday.

"What'd you say, colony trash? You're gonna show her something?" he slurs, ignoring me.

"Just some dance movements." Aang whines before dodging a punch. "Nobody shows my On Ji anything, especially movements!" he growls before charging Aang like a bull. Aang quickly dodges each move with ease, causing students to laugh.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I warn grabbing the guys arm.

He shoves me to the ground before standing over me "Unless you want another scar on your arm to match, I suggest you back off" he snarls before moving away.

My eyes widen as his words but anger fuels through me. I bang my fist into the ground, causing the jerk to stumble, which allows Aang to shove the guy to the ground.

"Are you alright?" Aang asks as he helps me up. "Yeah, I'm alright.." I whisper before the crowd parts and who I assume is the Headmaster appears. The jerk now has tears in his eyes which causes the Headmaster to glare at the two of us.

"Picking fights on your second day? We need to have a conference to discuss your punishment. Bring your parents to my office after school." he snarls before walking away.

"Parents? But-" Aang trails off as the Headmaster is already gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After a quick trip to the cave, Aang and I sat in between our 'parents' who were actually Katara and Sokka dressed up. Katara patted her fake pregnant belly and Sokka stroked his beard.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs ..." the Headmaster trails off as he looks at Sokka and Katara.

"Fire. Wang Fire. This is my wife, Sapphire." Sokka explains in another voice that is almost as funny as the Headmasters haircut. "Sapphire Fire. Nice to meet you." Katara smiles tilting her head.

"Mr. and Mrs ... Fire, your son and daughter have been enrolled here for two days and they've already caused problems. He's argued with his history teacher, disrupted music class, she's questioned authority, was rude to a student, didn't dress properly and roughed up my star pupil."

"Star pupil, more like star idiot" I grumbled under my breath but I felt Sokka pinch my back. I shot my head to look at him but his face was calm and collected.

"My goodness! That doesn't sound like our children." Katara gasps shocked.

"That's what any mother would say, Ma'am. Nonetheless, you're forewarned; if he acts up one more time, I'll have him sent to reform school- by which I mean the coal mines. Are we clear?" The Headmaster warns as he stands up.

Sokka glares at Aang and I, making me almost shiver. "Don't you worry, Mr. Headmaster. I'll straighten these kids out somethin' fierce! You kids, as soon as we get home you're gonna get the punishment of a lifetime!"

"That's what I like to hear." the Headmaster smiles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "That settles it! No more school for you two" Sokka grumbles stroking his beard which is still attached.

"I'm not ready to leave yet. I'm having fun for once, just being a normal kid. You don't know what it's like, Sokka. You get to be normal all the time." Aang sighs before smiling at me. "Aang's right Sokka, just let him have his fun."

"Ha ha!" Toph snorts which causes Sokka to glare.

"Listen guys, those kids at school are the future of the Fire Nation. If we want to change this place for the better, we need to show them a little taste of freedom." Aang explains.

"What could you possibly do for a country of depraved little fire monsters?" Sokka asks, stroking his bread yet again. "I'm gonna throw them.." Aang begins to dance "A secret dance party!"

I look at Aang shocked "I don't think I'm on your side anymore". I get up and stand next to Sokka, who wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Go to your room!"