Chapter 51

SO! In this chapter, expect a rising from the ashes moment from Mika!!

After a few hours of Azula torturing me for information, she gave up and left.

Taking a breath, I looked at my body. My scar was traced with fire, making it bubble and bleed. My face had pinch marks from her nails, along with my neck. Other parts of my body hurt but it was my brain that hurt the most.

She spat every bad word she could muster at me, to the point that I cried.

The door was thrown open and I prayed it wasn't the princess. Looking up, I saw the wide eyes of Prince Zuko, who was discovered.

"Sit here until the warren arrives" the guard hisses before slamming the door, leaving us alone, well expect for the lone guard who kept looking at me.

"Mika! What happened to you?" he asks, his eyes trained on me.

"I'm fine" I whispered, hoping these two words would make it all better.

It didn't.

"You're bleeding!" Zuko exclaimed. "Blood is always inside our bodies, I decided to share" I sighed, causing Zuko to look shocked.

"Who did this to you?" he pressed, making me close my eyes.

"You know Zuko." I whispered "I've faced alot of issues in my life, and Azula gave me the honor of explaining them all in detail"

Before he could even say anything, I continued. "I'm Mika Lee, the girl who's parents died at the hands of my real father: Long Feng. I'm Mika Lee, the girl who lied her way into a breakup. I'm Mika Lee, the weak peasant. I'm Mika Lee, the girl forever marked by the Fire Nation Princess"

"Mika" Zuko spoke "These things do not define you. I use to think my honor defined me along with finding the Avatar, but it doesn't. You need to overcome these problems and turn them into a reason to fight, to make sure no one feels this pain you feel" 

My eyes gazed into his. His words sparked something in me, something I haven't felt since Ba Sing Se: hope.

"You know" the guard said "The Prince is right, you need to fight for what you stand for instead of fighting to release the pain you've faced"

"I-" I whispered before falling into thoughts that pulled themselves from my brain into one, clear idea.

I was the daughter of Long Feng, who took my mother and father from me, but that couldn't define me. I didn't end up like him, I created my own path. Instead of being a liar like him and hurting people, I've told the truth and tried to help Aang in saving the world. Even my scar that reminded me of so much pain was just a reason to fight. A reason because no one should ever feel this pain, even the Firelord and the Princess.

These reasons that have held me down, kept a form grip on my mind and body, shouldn't have control. I am in control and I will not let these issues keep me at a low. Though these memories might always be..well memories, they will always be out shined.

I might've been at an all time low, but now I could already feeling myself raise from the ashes that was the nightmares that hurt me. Now, I would chose my own path, one without pain and suffering.

My life would only be filled with joy and light.

"Thank you, both of you" I smiled, my mind clear.

"No problem Mika" Zuko smiled back before the door slammed open yet again.

In walked in an aged man, who looked important. Guards that filed in yanked me to the side so the man could talk to Zuko.

"Well, well, well. I never thought I'd find you in here, Prince Zuko." the man sneered evilly.

"How did you know who I am?" Zuko asked shock. Really Zuko? Your scar is about as big as- NEVER MIND. 

"How could I not? You broke my nieces heart" the man hissed, leaning into Zuko's personal space.

"You're Mai's uncle? I never meant to hurt her." Zuko explained, shock still painted onto his face.

"Quiet! You're my special prisoner now. And you'd best behave. If these criminals found out who you are, the traitor prince who let his nation down, why they'd tear you to shreds." the man explained, a crooked smile that almost put Azula's cackle to shame.

Almost.

"So what's in it for you? Why don't you just tell my father to come collect a reward?" Zuko growled.

"Oh, in due time, believe me, I intend to collect" the man laughed before turning and leaving Zuko and I in fear and worry.

OKAy! THIS cHAPTER IS REALLY SHORT LIKE MY SELF ESTEEM SORRY!!!!! This chapter was truly about Mika overcoming her fears and becoming an even stronger person.

NOW! There's going to be maybe 6-8 chapters LEFT OF BOOK ONE before I continue to BOOK TWO, which is basically about Mika's granddaughter and her journey with the NEW TEAM AVATAR and trust me, that book is going to be just as great as the first.

Finally, on a side note, in the last few chapters, Mika will NOT be with Katara, Zuko, Sokka, Aang, Toph OR Suki (I know, cast the hate). But instead, I'm setting her with the white lotus where she fights beside Iroh to take back her city!!!!!!!!