Chapter 46

I quickly earthbent Zuko and I to the top of the cliff.

"Mika, what are you doing?!" I heard Sokka yell, but I ignored his cries.

"What are you doing?" Zuko asked as we slowly walked away from the temple.

"I want answers." I spoke glaring at the Prince. The Prince looked down, his eyes catching my scar. "I see Azula showed you the great family tradition of 'giving a lesson'" he sighed before touching his own scar. "Yeah, it was real fun" I spoke weakly.

"But what did you need answered? I'll answer anything." he mumbled.

"After what happened in Ba Sing Se, what happened to Iroh and Saki?" I asked, before preparing myself for the worst.

(NOW THIS LITTLE PART IS A SMALL SPOILER FOR THE BOOK SAKI IS IN: THE GIRL NO ONE KNEW, THE GIRL HE WON'T REMEMBER AND THE GIRL THEY WON'T FORGET)

"Uncle was dragged back as a prisoner and placed into prison. Saki was suppose to be safe, but Azula made her, her servant" he sighed "It was going okay, at least I thought it was before Saki and Azula fought, forcing Saki to go to prison."

I forced myself to ask the horrid question: "Are they alive?"

Zuko stopped walking. "I don't know, when I left the Fire Nation, I tried to find them and free them, but Iroh and Saki broke themselves out" 

I let out a breath "Thank the spirits."

"I should probably leave you, before the others think I'm killing you or something" Zuko sighed sadly before turning and walking into the forest.

------------------------------------------------

"Mika?! Are you insane?!" Sokka exclaimed once I explained that I was okay. But Sokka insisted that my scar was longer, which lead Katara to explaining that if Zuko did hurt me, I would bleeding. Toph on the other hand got angry with the others and stormed off, leaving me with an angry boyfriend.

So we were currently in a private room. "Sokka, I was asking him a simple question!" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Was it about how he, oh so saved you?" he sneered before crossing his arms.

"Are you jealous?" I snickered, causing his face to redden "Beside, I love you and I'm sure he has his sights set on a certain Waterbender."

"DOES HE LOVE KATARA?!" Sokka exclaimed, his face paling. This went from an angry conversation to a funny one. For me at least. "Sokka! No! He loves Saki!" I smiled, causing Sokka to calm down.

"I'm just frustrated Mika, he saved you...while I couldn't.." Sokka sighed before sitting down on the bed. 

"Sokka.." I started but his words overwhelmed mine.

"You got hurt. You almost DIED Mika. I couldn't protect you or save you from all that pain because I wasn't there. I let you go and you got burned." he spoke before closing his eyes "When you passed out, I thought you were going to die."

My eyes widened, but I couldn't see since a few tears formed in my eyes.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened, don't you ever" I croaked "I chose to fight, and Azula was the one who shot the whip." 

He looked up at me, his eyes opening.

"I had a chance to save you, from this pain but I let Saki take you from me." he sighed looking back down.

"I went willingly Sokka" I pointed out, hoping he wouldn't blame himself.

"How did it feel?" he asked, his head still down. I opened my mouth to tell him to stop but I paused. I never talked about what happened to me, I only had horrid flashbacks and nightmares.

"It was cold, like an iceberg. But then it shifted, and it felt hot like lava that was pressed to my skin. But I was filled with so much adrenaline, I was able to get back up when I could and kept fighting. So I didn't feel the true amount of pain." I explained before sitting down next to Sokka.

He finally looked back up. "I'm so sorry Mika" he croaked.

"Sokka, like I said, it wasn't your fault, you didn't know that would happen" I whispered taking his face into my hands.

He looked into my eyes, sorrow and pain swam in his, making me pained. How didn't he understand, it wasn't his fault.

"I'm okay Sokka. I'm here in front of you, the person that I love." I mumbled before leaning forward and pressing our lips together.

"I better be that person unless theres a spirit you fell for" Sokka laughed grimly before pressing his lips back onto mine.

"I'm never letting you go again Mika, where you go, I go and where I go, you go." Sokka smiled before hugging me.

"I hope not to the bathroom" I laughed. But it was different, when my laughs stopped, Sokka looked at me, his eyes filled with something new.

I pulled him forward like I did back in the cave when a beard was still on his face and I kissed him.

I love Sokka. He makes me laugh, he makes me feel whole, and he makes me feel free.

He was the ocean and all the seas and I was all the land, and the shorelines. That night we turned into the world.