Chapter 54

ALRIGHT, this chapter is going to be after the Ember Island Players, and it is going to be a date kinda thing between Sokka and Mika before the invasion. Above is also my homecoming get up and I just felt like showing you all!

After returning from the prison, life didn't stay simple.

Azula found us and we were forced to leave behind Chit Sang, Hakoda, and the others we met along with the Western Air Temple. We spent a few night out in the wild, which led to a life changing trip for Zuko and Katara. After that, we went to a place called Ember Island, where Zuko showed us his vacation home.

We even saw a play about ourselves, and let's just say, I wish I wasn't in it. After the play, some kid dressed up as me told me my scar was on the wrong arm. It even happened to Zuko, and we were very unimpressed.

At the moment, I was outside, my elbows on the railing of the balcony.

The sun slowly dipped into the ground, but the constant warmth stayed prominent. "It's a beautiful sight" a voice mumbled into my ear. Turning around, I smiled as I saw who it was: Sokka.

Ever since we returned from the prison, he's never left my side.

"I want to take you somewhere." Sokka whispered, pulling me next to him. I looked up at him, his blue eyes shinning in the sunset. "Where too?" I ask. "It's a surprise" he whispers before a hand goes over my eyes. "Sokka!" I growl but he just laughs.

"Trust me." he whispers before moving us forward.

I felt the sand change from grass, then the grass change to dirt then to gravel under my feet. Finally, it turned to stone. We were clearly in the town.

"Sokka" I call out, but he stays silent.

I heard voices and the soft sound of music flow through my ears, and I urged to see what was around me. Suddenly, his hand lifted from my face and I looked in shock at the scene before me.

People sat around the room, each playing an instrument that caused a beautiful melody. Circling the room were couples, mostly older couples who have probably loved eachother longer than I was alive.

"What is this Sokka?" I asked but the hand that held a hand over my face took mine and led me to the other couples. "Well, the last time we had a chance to dance, we didn't get to enjoy it" Sokka explained before placing his hands onto my hips.

I remember that night. It was back when everyone thought Aang was dead and we both went to school. It was the first time Sokka and I had kissed, and he still had on that horrid beard.

Smiling, I wrapped my arms around his neck before leaning my head onto his chest.

"You seem happier lately" Sokka mumbled as we glided along the dance floor. "I am" I spoke proudly and it was true, since my conversation with Zuko, I felt like my old self, or at least lighter.

"That's so great" he whispered before moving his head so he could look at me. "Things have changed so much since that day at the train station." he spoke.

"Some for worse, other for the better" I joined, making his eyes soften. "We've worked passed the worse and I'm glad to be with you through the good" Sokka whispered as the music continued on.

"I am too, I love you Sokka" I whispered before pressing my lips to his cheek.

"I love you so much Mika" Sokka smiled before pressing his lips to mine.

However a quickly 'hmmp' caused us to part.

"Oh you two are just adorable!" an old woman smiled as her husband holds her hand. My face quickly turns red "Oh, um thank you Ma'am" I respond as Sokka takes my hand. "You two seem awfully young to be married" the man says, making my face burn even brighter.

"Oh! We're not married Sir" Sokka says, making the couple frown. They were clearly judging us.

"We need to get going!" I spoke before pulling Sokka away from the couple.

"That was interesting" Sokka laughs as we walk down the street, which begins to be lit by firebenders.

"Indeed" I laugh as Sokka takes the lead and pulls me towards the beach.

"Why are we going to the beach?" I ask as my feet connect with the sand.

"Maybe for some magic sand action" Sokka chuckles as he stops his feet.

Rolling my eyes, I kick some sand at him, causing him to cry out. Of course, he picks up some sand and aims it at me and throws it. Smirking, I raise my hand and stop the sand before throwing it at him again. 

"Mika!" Sokka sighs as he brushes the sand out of his hair. Smiling, I walk up to him and I place my hands on the back of his head like I did back in Ba Sing Se when he kept falling.

My eyes gazed into his, as he did to mine. The memories of the first time seeing him, from when we walked through the city, from when I showed him my bending, from our first kiss, from times at the Western Air Temple and from the times at the Boiling Rock.

The memories of my breakdown, my breakup and the horrors that my mind pushed upon me were apart of the past, I've overcome them but I made sure to never make the same mistakes again.

By now, the moon hung in the air, the moonlight was on us like a spotlight.

"I love you" we both whispered at the same time. Instead of laughing, we leaned forward until our lips connected.