The Paper

I debated on doing bits of the comics for extra bits since I'm missing Sokka and Mika, but for now, I'm going to tie a loose end I thought no one would notice: The piece of paper Mika spots in her house right before she is kidnapped by Long Feng in Chapter 6.

Note: My writing may seem different for some readers since this book was my 'first' work.

3 Months After Firelord Ozai's Defeat

"Are you sure you won't destroy the place again?" Bao chuckles, leading me through the Fire Nation Prison.

"Very funny" I say, shaking my head.

"Why are you even here again?" he questions, the flame in his hand lighting up the entire prison.

I didn't know why I was here. I was suppose to be in my room, sound asleep next to Sokka. Yet here I was, my fist clenched, sweat pouring down my face.

"I left things unfinished between Long Feng and I" I whisper, ending our conversation.

Sighing, he stopped me in front of a large metal door. The metal glistened, almost screaming that it was new. I did destroy the old door. "I know you can take care of yourself Mika, but just be careful" Bao states, unlocking the door for me.

"I'll be right outside" he adds before sitting in a chair. He pulls out a blue necklace, and starts to carve away.

Taking a breath, I slowly open the door, entering the room.

He looks worse than the last time I saw him. His hair has begun to turn gray, and the parts that remained black were all around him. 

"Daughter"  Long Feng says, a growing smirk on his lips.

"As the savior of your city, you shall address me with respect" I snap suddenly.

"Oh pardon me. Miss Mika Feng" Long Feng chuckles to himself.

"Enough" I say, opening my fist. In my palm lay a small note.

Before I left Ba Sing Se to follow Team Avatar, I ventured to my old home. On the ground lay a small piece of paper I ignored so many times before.

The worn words simply read "Mother of Faces".

"What is this Long Feng" I growl, moving the paper towards him so he could read the words.

"I have no idea who that is" he responded quickly, his heartbeat fluttering.

"Liar" I say "You're lying. Tell me the truth."

"Or what? Are you going to get sand in my eye?" he mocks.

Shooting my arms out, metal peels away from the wall, and slams onto my hands. 

"You're so terrifying. I think I'm shaking" he teases yet again.

Anger boils with in, and with a fierce cry, I send the metal on my hands towards him. Unlike last time, I let my emotions get the best of me. The metal grips his hands, and yanks him towards me. 

"Who is the Mother of Faces?" I sneer "What does she have to do with my parents?"

His green eyes widen in fear "Mika-"

"Tell me" I snarl "I won't let your own selfish reasons keep me from learning about my parents"

"Fine-I'll tell you" he sighs. I push my hands back, causing him to slam into the wall with a thud.

"When we took your parents, we brainwashed them. So they would never remember you or come back to Ba Sing Se. They were sent to the Fire Nation, believing they were people of the Fire Nation. However, to make sure the plan worked, we visited a spirit...The Mother Of Faces. She can permanently change faces and memories."

A hand went to my mouth, fear pulsing through my veins. My parents now wandered the earth with new lives, new faces, and new memories.

Wiping my eyes, I glare at him "Why are you so set on ruining me?" I growl.

"If I ruined you, why do you keep coming back?" he asks "Is it because you miss your father?"

"I am not your daughter. I am not Mika Feng. I am Mika Lee, a skilled earthbender who learned to bend metal. I followed Team Avatar around the Fire Nation. I fell in love with a boy from the Water Tribe and befriended a boy who tried so hard to hurt my friends. I saved my city from total destruction. You mean nothing to me. Instead of caring for me, you wish to keep me to yourself like some crazed idiot. Now that I know what you have told me, I am leaving this cell, and I will let you rot" I growl, turning on my heel.

With a slam, I leave the room, ignoring his cries.