Chapter 18

I awoke, still in the arms of Sokka.

I looked around, we were still flying but Appa slowly began to lower towards an ocean front. "We're almost there" Katara spoke as she held the reigns to Appa.

"Thank goodness, I can't wait to get back onto earth" Toph sighed. 

The memories of last night came flooding in, after our lip brushing, I fell asleep, and I guess Sokka did too before he could move.

Or did he want to stay with me?

"How's your arm Mika?" Katara called. I looked at my arm, pink tissue was really the only mark. 'It looks good" I responded before lightly pressing on it. Only a few bits of pain sprung from the action "And only a little bit sore".

"I bet cuddling with Sokks really helped" Toph giggled, causing Sokka to stir.

"Hmm? Meat?" he mumbled as his eyes fluttered open. Instantly they widened at our position. "Good morning sleeping beauty!" Katara cheered.

"I don't need beauty sleep, unlike you" Sokka shot back with a laugh. "There's dad!" Katara cheered as Appa dropped down into the sand. 

After getting myself and Toph down, Sokka and Katara carried Aang, who was sleep asleep.

"Katara? Sokka?" A voice spoke, causing us all but Toph to look up. "Dad!" Sokka smiled but continued to help Katara carry Aang.

Their father's face paled as he saw the fallen Avatar. "Here, we have a tent that we can put him in for now" he spoke before calling out "BATO!". A water tribe man walked up and looked at us before taking Aang and carrying him off. 

"I should probably go give him another healing session" Katara spoke before rushing off.

"So Sokka, who are these two lovely ladies?" their dad asked smiling.

"HA! Ladies! Oh boy, Sokka you can have fun explaining that one" Toph snorted before walking off. Sokka sighs "That's Toph, the Blind Bandit and this" Sokka wraps an arm around me "Is Mika."

"Mika, this is my dad, Hakoda" Sokka smiles. Hakoda looks me up and down before his eyes fall onto my burn. "What happened?" he asked. The flashes of Azula's fire flashed through my mind, causing me to frown but I pushed it away. "I got burned by a very irritating girl" I sighed looking at my arm.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Hakoda frowned "I'm going to go check on Katara".

I stood alone with Sokka yet again.

My eyes looked into his, trying to find an answer about last night but it looked like he was doing the same. "About last night" we both started at the same time, which caused us to laugh.

"What does it mean?" I asked, wanted answers for a reason unknown. 

"I don't know. Honestly. I haven't felt this way in a long time and I don't know if I'm ready to feel it again" Sokka sighed before hiding his beautiful eyes.

Anger flushed through me "Well let me know when you're ready" I growled before marching off to find Toph. "Mika!" Sokka calls behind me but I keep walking until I find the girl.

"Do tell Mika, how do you bend sand?" Toph asks as she grabs a handful of sand. "Well, it's really easy" I start sitting down next to her.

I put my hand in the sand "You need to feel the sand, it's looser than regular earth but smaller like the bits in metal" I explain before lifting the sand in the air. The small grains connect, forming more dense sand as it circles around my hand. 

Toph closes her eyes as shoves her fist into the sand. She roughly brings it out with nothing.

"Toph, you need to be gentle, it's sorta like waterbending or maybe even airbending" I try to explain.

"Well, I aint a waterbender or an airbender" she growls but continues to try and bend the sand. 

"Just think like one and you got it" I sigh before getting up. So far, I haven't tried bending wit my burned arm and frankly, I was afraid. 

I took a deep breath and tried to lift the sand with just my left arm. Only a few grains rose before falling. "No..nonono" I hiss as I try to bend again, but it fails. 

My feet swiftly carry me as I find the tent Katara entered. There, she was holding up Aang's body as she healed it. "Katara, I need your help" I spoke as I demonstrated my bending abilities with my burned arm.

"Mika" Katara sighed "You need to wait for the skin to heal and for your chi to flow through it evenly. But I can do a quick healing session" she spoke before sitting me down and starting to heal me.

I closed my eyes as the cool waters encased my arm.

OKAY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT BUT YEAH SORRY NEXT ONE WIlL BE LONGER.