Chapter 6: B A T T L E

[a fight or encounter between opposing forces; to contend in fight]

"Can I sleep?" I muttered to Reid.

It was Monday again. I was lazy and not wanting to be in the public eye so early in the morning but I had to. I had been putting off going to the gym for a few days now.

"After we've hit the gym." Reid said scolding.

I rolled my eyes at him. I should be the adult between the two of us. But I can't be one especially if all I wanted to do was sleep.

"IHOP afterwards?" I asked.

"You're the boss." He smirked making me smile and just go along with him,

We walked into the gym to see some of the superstars already hard at work. Their eyes turned to us for a moment before looking everyone but us. I smirked, this was what I want from them. I want them to know their places.

"I hope there is a Crossfit Gym in here." Reid grinned already looking around.

How he got himself involved in that kind of work out still makes me baffled. But like usual he will not convince me into joining that intense work-out regime. Not for all the Chicken Nuggets in the world.

"If you need me, I'll be in the treadmill." I muttered already heading there but Reid was still following me. "I'll be fine." I assured him with a smile.

"You do know that some people have been gossiping about us being a couple?" he asked looking at me in disgust.

I shivered at that. Ew, not really something I'd like to think of at the morning.

"Let them think whatever they damn well want." I shrugged. "To me you're my son. And if that isn't enough. I'm your biological aunt." I pointed out.

He nodded but his eyes still glaring at someone for some reason. My eyes followed him and saw who exactly he was glaring at. I sighed, I didn't know if he was following me or some shit. But he being here right now this early was very tiring.

"Ignore him." I said to Reid. His eyes glaring intently on Ambrose on the bench press along with Roman Reigns.

"I can't. I don't trust him after what he did to you at Battleground." He said through clenched teeth. Oh, he'll be killing someone—specifically, Dean Ambrose if he found out about our little exchange in the parking lot.

"Trust me, sweetie." I cupped his cheek making him look at me. His blue eyes just like Steph's. The only thing that made him similar to his biological mother. But he was nothing like Steph, that much I was thankful for. He wasn't someone that I'd ever regret fighting for.

He took a deep breath before nodding at me. He took one more glance at Ambrose before making his way to where the Crossfit was.

I took the opportunity to shove my headphones on before walking into the treadmill. My eyes making sure no one was looking at me as the first song blared into my ears. Til' I Collapse by Eminem started and I chose to start with a dash instead of a brisk walk.

The fast pace and upbeat music made me forget about work for a moment. The first prickle of sweat covered my skin as another song started. I was relaxing myself while exercising. For a moment, I forgot about the entire ordeal with my siblings and focused on myself as an individual.

I shook my head instantly throwing caution to the wind. I didn't want to think about that right now. That was the start of my apparent downfall. I didn't know how it came to such a thing but I was glad that it was done and over with.

Looking back, there were things I wished never happened to me. But at the same time, I was thankful it did. I wouldn't have change from the innocent and naïve little girl to the woman I was today. Powerful at her own right. But some things can never really be forgotten. Like the kid, I lost. Oh, that was something worth knowing about to everyone that want to see me down. Anyone that hated me could use that to destroy me.