Chapter 14: D E M A N D

[to claim as by right or authority; a peremptory request; the state of being much sought after]

"So what happened?" Reid asked as we spent the entire Tuesday morning here in IHOP after working out.

"Last I heard was Roman and Dean took turns giving the man a chair shot over his back like he did to them a few years back." I shrugged as I continued on with my cinnamon and apple pancakes.

"What does Ambrose want to happen?"

I smiled only now realizing the plan unfolding in Ambrose's twisted little head.

"He wants to bring back the SHIELD." I said laughing at how Dean had somehow outsmarted me on that.

I knew there was a reason why Seth would all of a sudden walk into my office. There was a reason why he would want me to convince the man to make amends with him and Roman. I don't know what he plans but I need to hold them three by the neck from now on if they plan on getting back together.

"Well won't that be a problem for us?" Reid asked.

I shrugged. I don't think it would be. If I contract them to work for me I don't think they would be.

"I have things that I could use against them if it happens." I trailed off. "They won't be doing anything of that sorts, especially if they want me to be their protector per se."

"So what happens now?" he asked.

"We play it off. Ride along with what Ambrose has planned." I shrugged. "Bring out our own plans but not all of it."

Reid all of a sudden stabbed his fork into his pancake taking me by surprise.

"He's really going to answer to me the moment he screws you over." He muttered pulling his fork back and continuing on with our food.

"You called for me?" my eyes lifted up to the Irish Lass Kicker for a moment since I've had Reid call for her. I needed to talk to her about something.

"Yeah, please take a seat, Ms. Lynch." I smiled.

Once the flame red-haired woman sat, I took the moment to look at her. She wasn't the mold Dad wanted for the Divas, she was far from it. But I was placing all my cards on at the moment. She could make a difference to the company. I just need to convince Dad about it.

"Now, I just want to congratulate you first on your match just moments ago." I smiled loving her for being a fighting Champion.

"Thank you, it's an honor to be able to compete for this title." She grinned patting the title on her lap.

"Also, I wanted to inquire on some news you might know a certain Demon..." I trailed off.

At the mention of Balor, she blushed scarlet. I knew something was going on between her and the man. Good. I can use it to my advantage when I need to. I was merely testing waters when it comes to her. Checking if I can use her to get to the so-called New Face of RAW.

"What would you want to know?" she asked.

"Is it true that Steph had been pushing him as her next best thing?" I asked.

She bit her lips before looking down to her lap. I waited for her response. I didn't want to scare the poor girl. She may look all tough but if I say the right words, she'll be a crying mess in front of me.

"As far as Fergal had told me...Steph offered to give him the push just to make sure Roman Reigns isn't the Champion anymore." She answered looking right back at me and I saw honesty in her eyes.