Chapter 30: R E S I S T A N C E

[the act of resisting; opposition]

"What do you want?" I asked not bothering to look up to see who it was. His scent and aura alone made it quite clear to me who it was.

"I just want to talk , Little Lady."

I looked up now. I was in disbelief with what he was saying.

"The moment you walked out on me, you've lost the right to have the talk." I spat right into his face.

My New Year's resolution consisted of always being calm in the face of my workers, but somehow, I've already broke that. What a great way to start the year, note the sarcasm.

"If you told me about the kid I would have stayed!" he spat right back.

"Bullshit! You would have ordered me to kill it!" my fist tightened. "That how much of a disgusting human being you are."

He fell silent, all of a sudden, he pulled me up by the hand and as I tried resisting, he slapped me in the face. I tensed and tried fighting him off but he was too big and too strong. He slammed me into the desk making me scream in pain.

"Shut up!" he slammed on hand on top of my mouth to prevent me from calling help.

I fought back the tears as I watch the man I know too well come back to haunt me. This was what Morrison was. His eyes blazing with hatred and disgusting enjoyment at what was happening to me. This was the man I had loved in the past, this was dangerous. I knew this had hurt me before, but I continued loving him. After such a long time with my mind clear, I finally come to the realization of how dangerous all of this was between us. I was glad we didn't last. I'm glad he walked away from me. And for the first time, I'm admitting that my baby would have been better off dead than living with someone like me and Morrison as a father.

"If I can't have you then no one else would!" he spat hitching my skirt up making me struggle even more. "Fuck, you're still the sexy little Lady I've always remembered. Melina had nothing on you." He growled.

I shivered in disgust as his hands trailed into my thighs. The tears and memories came rushing to me. My life in the Psychiatric Ward, the pain I had to endure there and what Morrison was doing to me was too much for me to handle.

"Sonya?!"

I felt Morrison being lifted away from me and I looked on in a trance as Dean beat the shit out of Morrison.

"Sonya?" I turned to see Shane looking in panic.

He pulled me into his arms wrapping me securely into his embrace. I break down. I was shivering in fear and pain. Memories kept flooding into my mind as I hear Morrison and Dean continue on with their fight.

I took hold of my neck as I felt the very breath in me knock out of me. I was frantic but Shane still held me firmly in his arms as I cried and tried pulling away to breath.

"Sonya. Sonya I want you to take deep breaths with me." Shane instructed and for some reason I was following his order.

His hold on me was still firm as everything around me was chaos. Numerous voices sounded and crunching bones continued on. But my eyes still foggy with tears wasn't able to see who exactly were in my office at the moment.

"Breath, Mom." I heard Reid's voice.

Once again, I tried getting away from Shane's hold and embraced Reid that I knew was close besides my brother. I held onto him like he was life support. I was shaking as I continued crying on my son's chest.