Chapter 26: W O N D E R

[the state of mind produced by anything new, strange, unexpected, or surprising; astonishment; marvel; miracle]

I was laughing about nothing with Dean as he opened the door for me like the gentleman he'll never be. It was really odd of him to do, but I wasn't complaining. Netflix and chill surely done him wonders. And with the both of us off for the following week, we were well rested and ready for another slaughter fest against my family.

"So what's the agenda?" Dean asked as he slung his championship belt on his shoulders.

I took the belt from him and placed it around my waist as we continued walking towards my office. A smile playing on my face all throughout. Everyone's eyes were on me and the belt around my waist.

"It's RAW. We'll watch what happens and if something isn't what is best for business then I'll intervene." I said shrugging.

"God, you talking like that is sexy." He groaned wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm a lucky son of a bitch for having my girlfriend as boss." He smirked.

I fell silent, this was actually the first time he placed a label on our relationship. It was weird, but in a good kind of weird. I wouldn't deny the sudden flutter I felt in my chest. It was like butterflies flocking inside me.

"Save that shit for later. I need to run my company." I said pulling his hands away from me. "And I don't pay you to sweet talk me all night, Ambrose." I teased.

"You guys don't even pay us well enough." He grunted making me burst into fits of laughter. Well, it was sort of true.

I rolled my eyes finally heading to my office while he made his way to the locker room he shared with Seth and Roman. Somehow he forgot his title was still snuggly wrapped around my waist at the moment.

I jumped at the sight of Reid and Jojo sitting on the couch eyes glued to the laptop placed on the coffee table.

"You two could have at least told me you were here." I muttered.

I heard the familiar sound of fireworks go off signaling the start of Monday night RAW. A smile plastered on my face knowing that I was ready for anything ahead of me as well as everyone that is here to help me with my plans.

"Sorry." Both of them said sheepishly.

I made my way to my desk, my luggage placed on the side. I slid off the title around my waist and placing it on top of the desk as I opened the flat screen in front of me. The opening match being The New Day against the team of Enzo Amore and Big Cass.

"If you guys were given the right to choose, who do you think the best option there is to win the Tag Team Championship?" I asked the two.

Jojo and Reid somehow shared a look. In the past few months together, they look like they were communicating telepathically that it was scary.

"SHIELD." They both said without a second thought.

I blinked actually surprised by what they wanted. It was hard to have the SHIELD being Tag Team Champions, it's like giving them too much responsibility in one sitting. Randy and Batista had just won the Tag Team Championship in Smackdown, having my boys win another championship would just be a setback.

"Well..." Reid trailed off. "I mean, Rollins and Reigns could be tag teams again. I've actually watched a few matches of the two of them. With Roman's power and Seth's speed, I think it's good to have them hoard all the championships if you really want to piss Steph off." He explained.

"Wouldn't that be a handful?" I asked.

"Yeah," he scoffed. "Bringing the SHIELD and Evolution back together and being in the same team isn't a handful as it is." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. He did have a point but I needed a better reason. I know it would piss off Steph, but that's it. It's like I'm starting to feed them with a spoon. I promised myself never to do that. Even if something had changed in my plan, I can't do that. It's goes against everything I'm trying to do and prove.

"Ignore my question." I muttered as I continued watching the match on TV.

My eyes continued watching the match, but my mind was reeling. I wanted to do something. I wanted to prove myself once again that they could handle the pressure of dealing with being with me. I'm going to start with Rollins and Reigns. I know Dean would get pissed at me for doing this. But there is nothing else I could do. I needed to be convinced. I had no time for failure. I'll throw them under the bus if they do.

I stood up and made my way out of my office much to the protest of my son and his girlfriend. I made a beeline towards where Mick Foley was. He was currently talking with my sister. Halting in their conversation at the mere presence of me.

"It's good to see you back, dear Sister." Steph sneered.

I ignored her comment looking at Mick Foley.

"Having Seth compete against Darren Young for the Intercontinental Championship belt." I said. "And Reigns compete against Rusev for the Universal Championship." I ordered.

Both looked shocked at what I said. It was like I grown three heads in front of them. I knew this was a dangerous gamble, but I needed to make sure that I knew what they were capable of doing inside the ring.

"You finally grown tired of your henchmen?" she smirked.

"Oh yeah, Hunter had been quite useful." I said sarcastically making her charge at me if it wasn't for Mick blocking her.

I held a smirk playfully daring her to do something now.

"I'm doing a quick spring cleaning, Dear sister. I'm seeing who deserves to be on my side or not." I winked finally walking away.

~

"The hell was that?" I was slammed to the wall in so much force, it knocked the breath out of me. I wasn't scared or intimidated to say the least. I expected this reaction from him. I knew he'd react the same way as I expected him to. Some things might have changed, but things are still needed to be expected.

I looked up to see the raging anger in Dean's eyes. I had seen him like this countless of time in the past, this doesn't faze me. This only made me worry. I don't want any one of them to depend on me as well as bother me.

He was red in anger, I could feel the pulse running through his hands as he took hold of my arms. He was stopping himself from hurting me. I knew as much.

"I had told Roman and Seth before that I want a fighting Champion. If they can't prove me as much, there is nothing I could do." I said dryly pulling his hands away from me.

"Why now?" he spat. "Why does it have to come to you instead of Steph? Why do I feel like you want them to lose their title?" he screamed.

I glared at him shoving him away from me.

"I want them to prove their worth to me!" I spat. "I told you what I plan on doing, I don't want deadweight on my side. If they can't prove themselves to me, there is nothing else I could do." I said so coldly. "And if I even allowed Steph to choose she'd have someone from her henchmen go against Seth and Roman. I chose to pick someone from neutral ground!"

He fell silent.

"I don't have fucking time to baby any of you!" I spat. "You work for me. Not the other way around. I need to know every single one of you won't fuck me over. I've dealt with it so many times in the past. I need to reassure myself."

He was still silent. And I heard the bell ring, signaling Seth's win. Now all that's left is Roman's own match against Rusev.

"You're lucky I love you. If you I fucking didn't...I'd slam that pretty face of yours to the nearest wall for fucking my brothers over." He muttered to himself.

I tensed. I didn't know how or why but I immediately walked away from him as the mere word. He loves me? I didn't feel like watching Roman's match anymore. I knew he'd win against Rusev. I knew he will, whether it may be a clean match or a dirty one. I could care less anymore.

I needed a smoke.