Chapter 9: A T A R A X I A

[complete peace of mind; contentment]

-2006-

I watch in profound curiosity the set for Velocity. A smile was on my face as Dad placed me in-charge of everything just as trail run. I was still getting the hang of things here in the business now that I stopped wrestling. I mean, yeah, wrestling was awesome but I always wanted to know how everything works around here.

Since I had taken care of everything, without much hitch, I made a scroll around the still empty arena to check if everything was fine and ready for tonight.

I walked towards the ring with the same interest as I looked around, imagining I was doing my entrance. It was fun to be able to hear the loud roar of the crowd. I was still so needing every scream and cheer of them. It was an addiction I was willing to admit.

"Hey, Little Lady." I turned and by the front of the stage was a man. He had this weird comforting vibe with him that I was picking up.

He had on a black shirt and leather jeans. His long brown hair tied to an immaculate bun. I couldn't recognize who he was because of the shades he had on but he was so familiar to me.

"Johnny Nitro, at your service." He did a little curtsy for me. "I am at your full service and attention for the entire night, Little Lady."

I giggled shaking my head at him. I am always called little. Yeah, so what. I was just 5'2", nothing wrong with my height. I might grow a little more. I was barely even nineteen yet, I have plenty of time in the world to grow.

I made my way up the ring, pulling myself using the ropes and turning to face the man named Johnny Nitro.

"I'm not little," I pouted at him. Yeah, keep telling yourself that Sonya and the Great Khali might even believe you.

He chuckled pulling off his shades to reveal those hazel green eyes that held me in a trance. Holy—

"Don't worry about it." He assured me. "I'll love you not matter what size you are, Little lady."

"I told you not to do that." I muttered to John as I tended his bruises.

The asshole had been picking fights with mostly anyone that would come and disrespect me. I've noticed he'd even picked a fight with Joey Mercury because of me. It had been a standing problem how he'd be entitled to protect me whenever someone says shit about me.

"But they've said you were just here because of your Dad." He winced as I applied the ointment into his busted lips. How he could pick up a fight with Shawn Michaels still baffles me up to this day.

"Because I am." I said already tired of this. I don't want him getting hurt because of me. "Look, I know I still have a lot to prove to everyone, but I can't do that with you punching anyone that would think of me as nothing more than a girl that rides on her father's coat tails."

He didn't respond, not even looking at me in the eye for that matter. I took the moment to actually look at him. He was handsome. God, he was more than handsome. This past few months with him were rocky but we were getting there. He was funny, really cocky son-of-a-bitch sometimes, but for the most parts, he cares for me without the whole me being a McMahon being at stake.

"You know I care for you, little Lady." He muttered cupping my cheeks.

I had to stare at him for a moment. I've dealt with some messy break-up before. I wasn't certain about this one. But it was just so tempting, he was nice, understanding, and there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for him since he would do everything for me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Before I know what was happening, he pulled me into a kiss. Shocked by it, my first instinct was to pull away, but I didn't. I reveled in the kiss. I kissed him back as the electricity flowed through me from the kiss we shared.

It was in those moments I was at my happiest. I still can't believe it had been the beginning of the end for me from that moment on.

-PRESENT-

I was woken by the loud banging at my door. Looking at the clock, I had about an hour worth of sleep. It was just past midnight at if the schedule was being followed, the event was just being finished.

I sighed, thinking it might be Dad or Reid coming to pick me up, I stood and opened the door. Big mistake on my part.

Before I could close the door, he had unceremoniously shoved his foot to stop me from completely closing the door.

"Have you not cause enough trouble as it is?!" I snapped slamming the door again but it didn't budge with his foot on the door.

"I loved causing t—Ow! Stop that!" he snapped when I closed the door again only to hit his foot.

"Get out, Ambrose!" I snapped. "I am just fucking too tired to deal with your shit right now."

"Well too bad, Princess." He smirked. "You owe me a date tonight. I paid a hefty amount to be with you." He said pushing the door opened for him to enter my room.

My eyes followed him as he entered. An asshole. I wanted to kill him right now. It's because of him and his stupid friends that I'm so fucking embarrassed like this. I blame him for all of this.

"You know it's my call when and where. Not the other way around." I spat.

The smirk had fallen from his face. I was badly needing to smile at the look on his face. But I was just too damn pissed to do so. I just wanted to rest and forget about this night.

"Well, decide on it now." He said after a moment.

I groaned frustrated with this man right now.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Ambrose!" I spat. "I don't know why you would pay months' worth of your paycheck just for me! I don't know what you're playing at and I actually don't want to be a part of it."

Before he could say something else, another series of knock sounded. Great, who else was here to ruin my already horrible night?

Opening the door, I didn't know if I wanted to just jump out of the window or be part of the worst massacre of the whole year.