Chapter 27: J E A L O U S

[intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness; vigilant in guarding a possession; hostile towards a rival or one believed to enjoy an advantage]

"He actually said that?" Reid chuckled.

We didn't wait for RAW to end, we immediately hit the road for Smackdown. I was relieved to know that Jojo wasn't going to join us. I needed some alone time with my son. We rarely talk anymore, him being with Jojo and me being with Dean all the time. It's a weird habit I don't really want to get used to.

I took a deep huff of the smoke before blowing it outside to the opened window of my side of the car. I was bothered. I didn't want to trust so easily. I didn't want to give in to a man like Dean so early on. I knew and had even acknowledged how some of my plans have changed, but I wasn't going to acknowledge him telling me the L word. I couldn't. As much as I wanted to give it a try. I can't. I've buried that feeling a long time ago. It's going to be an effort to dig it back up only for it to crush me in the end.

"Said he would have bashed my head to a wall if he didn't." I added as an afterthought.

"So like him." He chuckled.

My eyes turned back to my phone that had been ringing non-stop for the past two hours. It was either Dean, Roman, or Seth calling me. I've received numerous messages as well, but I ignored it. I merely continued watching my phone blink almost screaming at me to answer it already. Should I? After I've fucked all of them up, like Dean had kindly put.

"What do you feel, Mom?" he asked knowing how much I was conflicted by all of this.

"I don't know what to feel anymore." I muttered under my breath. "I'm still having a hard time understanding how he was Jon Moxley to begin with."

I jumped when Reid almost swerved the car he was drive. He, himself seemed surprised by the fact. I was still confused by it, once again acknowledging it, but I wasn't really keen into digging more into it. It's just going to confuse the hell out of me.

"I knew it." He muttered under his breath. "That one time we were in your office alone. I knew he knew you. I never thought to this extent."

I looked at him for a moment, perplexed with what he knows about him...or me in the past. It was a haze, I'm still trying to figure out. I've lost most of my memory in the past because of the drugs as well as the trauma. I'm still putting the pieced back together. With the aid of Reid I was slowly turning to face my past head-on.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He told me about you back in the day, ah, how you were always the Snappy Bitch—his words, not mine." He explained with a sheepish shrug.

I nodded.

"And you believe him?" I asked.

"Because I knew it's exactly you. And for some reason, the way he told me things about you, he actually knew more about you than I did back then."

~

Even in the darkness, I knew he was here. A mix of his cologne, Nicotine, and that smell only he could have. Even a mile away, just a whiff of that smell, I knew it was him.

"Wanna tell me exactly what's bothering you?" he asked and like the movie, opened the lamp to see him perched lazily daunting on one of the sofas, championship title on his lap.

"You." I said awkwardly bowing my head. I didn't want to look at him. The mere sight of him makes me wonder about all the decisions I've ever had in my start here in my plans.

"Me?" even without looking, I knew a small smile was playing on his face. He was mocking me, like a child that won't fess up what's bothering her.

"You." I nodded still not looking up at him.