3.

Chapter Three: Work, Work, Work

"Okay people we have three minutes until the people for the news paper article come in and review us, be prepared" our manager Dominique said, I rolled my eyes as I finished dressing a mannequin then walked over behind the counter.

My phone beeped and I pulled it out;

Kenton;  We still on for tonight, Kade wants to know so he can set it up.

I looked around to make sure no one was paying attention to me, I looked down at my phone and replied;

Me; Yes, tell him to take Jordan, Peto and Duke with him. They are the only ones I trust with setting this up.

I put my phone in my back pocket and sighed as I straightened up my working spot as the manager went around making sure everything was fine,  she stood in front of me and another cashier behind the desk as the doors opened and a man walked in.

"Dominique TriDane?" He asked,  she nodded "I am going to do a interview with you and your other two employees then I am going to take pictures."

She nodded and led him to a room where theninterveiws will be held  me and the other girl Raven looked at thenother before scowling and rolling our eyes.

"Dont you wish she had her squeaky voice up her ass" she said I laughed and followed her to fold some shirts in the back.

"I hate her voice, she sounds like a squeaky little chipmunk" I admitted and Raven sighed "Did you see the new paper article last week? Spade Ace and C.J. Wolfe escape from Superman and steal six thousand dollars? I mean, if they are criminals they could steal a little bit more then Six thousand" Raven said.

I shrugged "Yeah,  but who knows. Maybe they wanna keep it on the down low kinda, and not rob people of al their money" I said as I folded clothes.

She smiled "Janet, only you would think that these bad guys are understood" she said with a laugh and I smiled before turning around and frowning, if she only knew...

-----------

I sat in front of Clark Kent and we looked at the other as I smiled I said "What questions do ya wanna ask?"

He looked at me before looking at his clipboard "How well do you like working here at Asher Clothing?"

"It's a good job for me, I mean I don't really know where else to work" I said with a laugh.

"Are you a good employee?"

"I reckon.. Unless Dominique said otherwise."

"Do you get along with the other employees?"

"Yes, I do. Me and Raven get along just fine."

"Are you aware that Asher Clothing is probably on Spade and C.J's next list to rob?" He asked.

I nodded "Fully aware.. But they try to come near me I got weapons of my own" I said, he nodded and wrote things down.

"That's good. How well is the business here?" And so the questions dragged on... And on... And on...

...and on.

Until finally..

We were through and I was singing hallelujah in my head.

I scowled as I walked back to the counter and sat on the stool behind it "There is something weird about that Clark Kent" I said to myself and started scribbling on my notebook since there wasn't anyone in the store for now..