[Chapter 3] Shattered

Marinette's POV
I screamed, all the pain gathered at my wound. It was agonising, as if a thousand needles instantly poked through my skin all at once. The blood gushed out and expanded across my ladybug suit. I thought my suit was indestructible, guess not. I could feel myself loosing consciousness and I became exhausted and numb. I could hear the faint sounds of Chat Noir yelling my name out in the background, encouraging me to hold on and Lady Future hysterically laughing as she watched me toss and turn in pain. After realising how much commotion and attention I was attracting, I simmered down and clenched my teeth, attempting to sob and groan as quiet as possible.

Chat Noir's POV
"My lady, My lady! My lady!....LADYBUG." I cried.

"Please, stay with me. Stay with me ladybug I-i love you princess. I'm sorry I promised to protect you, but I couldn't even keep it."

I had never felt so upset, not since my mother had passed away. I'm watching the love of my life, my princess, in pain, slowly withering away into darkness. Her beautiful pink tinted cheeks were becoming pale, her plump lips turned deep purple and her brows furrowed as she tried her hardest to just hang in there.
I quickly picked her up bridal style and leaped across roofs trying to get her to a hospital or at least somewhere where she can be treated. I noticed the flashing and beeping of her earrings, her transformation was wearing off. I wavered for a bit, but this was not the time to be concerned about her identity. Her safety comes first. I sped up and watched the frail girl in my arms be engulfed in bright pink fragments and soon after that girl was no longer Ladybug. It was now Marinette.
I was shocked. The strong, sassy, optimistic, independent and heroic Ladybug I knew was actually the girl sitting behind me in class everyday. Marinette was shy, creative and talented, not very similar to Ladybug although their sense of justice is the same. I had mixed feelings, I was glad that Marinette Is Ladybug but I was confused about my feelings towards both personalities.
We finally arrived at the hospital, I broke through the door and immediately yelled.

"Somebody! Please, this girl is severely wounded please! Anybody! Can someone attend to her."

Doctors and nurses crowded around us and quickly took her to the emergency operation room. I clenched her hand and vowed to come back to her.
I stopped for a minute trying to re-process what had just happened in the past 10 minutes.
I was furious.
The amount of rage I felt had never been so intense.

Narration (Nobody's POV)
Chat Noir ran through the city in search of the wench that harmed his princess. Suddenly loud crashes were heard in the direction of the Eiffel Tower. Chat Noir's enhanced hearing allowed him to hear it from across the city. He growled and raced there. Finally he made eye contact with the villain who hurt his beloved.

Chat Noir's POV
"You... You wench!"
"How dare you hurt Ladybug! You will atone for this Lady Future... NO. HAWKMOTH."

My eyes stretched, my claws twitched and my fangs bared. I had never felt so much adrenaline and bloodlust before.

Narration (Nobody's POV)
He launched himself at the villain and tore her veil, she countered with beams sent flying at his direction. He swiftly turned in mid air dodging every attack before pouncing at her. This time he struck her down and pinned her on the ground. The glass orb rolled out of her hands.

"No!" She yelled.

"CATACLYSM!"

He was tempted to kill her with his power, but his heroic self wouldn't allow him. He proceeded to shatter the orb and a purple butterfly flew out of it's shards. Chat Noir leaped for the akuma and tore it apart. Even then his hatred was not soothed, it just gave him more reason to despise HawkMoth. The destruction of the city was unable to be fixed because of Ladybug's absence. But even so the citizens were simply happy with the fact that the villain had disappeared, well everybody but Chloe.
Chat ran into an ally and changed back and without further ado he sprinted back to the hospital and stood in front of Marinette's operation room. He simply stood there in silence praying for her recovery and that she would still have the same smile when she woke up.
Meanwhile Marinette was lost in her consciousness.

Marinette's POV
"Mm..m where am i?" I said as I got up from the hard floor.

I looked up and was surrounded in darkness. A staircase emerged within the darkness with a large quartz door at the end of it. I walked up the staircase, I still felt sluggish without knowing why. I opened the door and everything had been replayed again from the moment I had been struck. I saw myself on the ground suffering and everything beyond that point was blurry and unclear. I saw the silhouette of Chat Noir holding.... Is that me?
I was interrupted by a sharp pain that rushed to my head. It felt as if my mind was going to shatter.

Hehe I'm sorry! I've been writing this throughout school ahah<3 i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Bug out miraculers✨🐞