[Chapter 15] Lock

Marinette's POV
"O-oh my gosh. A-Adrien is that for us?" I stuttered.

Adrien was kneeling before me with 2 boxes in his hands. One had a lovely pair of beige/pastel pink couple rings. The other was a beautiful silver lock with the words

18.05.2016
                  Adrien & Marinette

Engraved on it. At the back a ladybug and Cat was carved into the lock and it had beautiful patterns indented around the edges. I was in tears. It was so beautiful, so beautiful I was afraid to touch it. I haven't even done anything for him.

"Adrien, it's beautiful. Thankyou so much, but I can't." I whimpered.

"W-what, M'lady you can't be serious right?" He questioned.

"It's just- I feel like I'm not worthy of this. You have such a bright and fulfilled future ahead of you. You're the son of a well renowned fashion designer, you are loved by everyone and an amazing model. A commoner like me could never be compatible for you." I sighed.

"Mari". He said angrily.

"You really think that's going to stop me from loving you? I love you with all my heart, who cares if I'm some wealthy model, a superhero or some popular kid in school. All those statuses are worth nothing compared to being titled Marinette's lover". He said.

He smiled at me genuinely, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. I kissed back, my worries and insecurities disappeared. He's right, I shouldn't doubt his love. Adrien is my partner and nothing in the world can change that, we were destined to be together.

"You're right kitty, I'm sorry for doubting you. Let's do it." I said relieved.

Adrien and I walked to the middle of the bridge, I saw a small opening between all the locks and lead him towards it. We held hands and with our other hand we locked it, together.

"I love you more than anything lovebug." He said.

"I love you to the moon and back silly kitty." I chuckled.

He walked behind me and hugged me from behind, he wrapped his arms around me and held my small hands with his large hands.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be M'lady." He whispered in my ear.

I parted my two hands which held the key, we watched it drop into the river and wash away. I felt incredibly happy, words cannot express. He pulled away and turned me around, he held the rings in his hands.

"May I?" He asked.

I nodded. I hovered my left hand over his, he took my hand and placed a ring around my middle finger. It fit perfectly. I took the other ring out of his hand hand put it around his middle finger. I put my arm up in the air, the ring sparkled. I simply stood there admiring how sweet it was. Adrien suddenly grabbed my hips and held me in the air, I was hovering above him.

"A-Adrien! You stupid cat. Let me down I'm going to fall!" I shrieked.

"Ahahah Mari, you're so light you're likely to be blown away by the wind."

He lowered me and I rested my legs on his shoulders and wrapped my arms around his head.

"I'm seriously going to drop you if you keep covering my eyes like that Mari!" He chuckled.

"It's your fault." I pouted.

He picked me up again and held me bridal style, I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled.

"That's much better." I snickered.

"WOOOOOOOOH!"
*clapping* *whistling*

I realised that we had a crowd around us and they were taking photos. We blushed crazily because we attracted so much attention. I looked at Adrien and laughed with him. A young photographer walked towards us with a large grin on his face.

"Bonjour young lady, young man.
I would love to have your photo taken, you're such a lovely couple I hope you wouldn't mind!" He asked excitedly.

"Oh um-"

"Sure, go ahead." Adrien said politely.

He tightened his grip on me and smiled professionally, it wasn't his usual fake smiles though. It seemed genuine and full of happiness, I'm glad. I laughed on impulse and heard the camera shutter.

"What!? No oh my god." I yelled

"Thank you!" He said as he ran off.

I face palmed as Adrien burst into laughter. I glared at him but that did not shut him up. I pinched his cheek and giggled.

"Meouch Princess!" He whimpered.

He put me down and rubbed his cheek. I removed his hand and leaned forward to kiss where I pinched him. He turned bright red.

"Let's go!" I shouted as I grabbed his hand and ran through the crowd. We ran and ran until we arrived at the park Nathaneal and I went to. I looked around and ran into the bushes dragging Adrien with me. I took him to the apple tree. I leant in closer to the tree and put my hand over the indent Chat made when he punched the tree. I laughed and showed Adrien.

"AHH! That's embarrassing." He yelled.

He grabbed my arm but I quickly slipped out of his grasp and began running around the tree.

"Catch me if you can." I said as a poked my tongue out at him.

"Why you little!" He said jokingly.

He chased me around the tree until I tripped over a root and fell flat on my face. I quickly stood back up but Adrien pounced at me. He held me tight in his arms as we fell and rolled down the hill.

We burst into laughter. Our eyes met and we stared at each other, slowly leaning in for a kiss.

We kissed.

Author's note:
Hello! Should I create a second complication or end this story nicely(2 more chapters or smt)? And create a new one (: up to you guys💞