[Chapter 8] Deciet

Marinette's POV
Chloe's here, oh great. I rolled my eyes at the sight of my nemesis. I grunted and simply ignored her till I saw her mouth open.

"Aw!! Look Sabrina the dirty mutt is here, bringing her crusty dog treats for everybody. I can't believe you guys mistook her dog treats for actual food, utterly ridiculous." Chloe scoffed.

"Did you let your hair down because you were too poor to afford anymore hair ties, your clothes look like they were dumped in the ocean and dragged back out. Ahahah!"

My first day back and I'm already being shunned....great. Chloe will always pick a fight with me no matter what. I began to tear up, Nathaneal pulled me into his arms and wiped my tears away.

Adrien's POV
Darn it. Nathaneal beat me to it.

"I didn't know Chloe's dishrags were worth more than the lovely clothes Marinette makes." Nino glared.

"OHHHHHH!" the class cheered.

"Chloe, when will you stop acting immature and leave Marinette alone? It's getting really pathetic." I said.

Chloe simply glared at me, I didn't think she would do that. I guess I'm sort of relieved assuming she doesn't like me anymore. I feel bad but it's best for her to get a taste of her own insults. Chloe simply flicked her hair and waved goodbye before skipping class with her friend Sabrina.

I patted Marinette's shoulder attempting to pull her away from Nathaneal's grip, it was no use he clung to her like glue. I growled and glanced at Alya.

"Fine, just this once." She snickered.

Alya pulled Marinette away and escorted her to her seat. Marinette calmed down and pulled out her sketchbook to distract her from all the negativity. Suddenly, she looked at me and pulled out a paper bag that smelt extremely good... could it be?

"Croissants!? For me?" I exclaimed.

"Ahah yes, I figured I should give you some if I was going to bring treats, because you seem to enjoy our pastries a lot." She giggled.

"Wow thankyou, that's really. Nice of you." I said.

She offered me the whole bag, I gulped and took it. I immediately took a croissant out of the bag and munched it. Mhmm! It tasted like goat cheese with minced beef and cabbage. I loved it so much. She giggled at my face while I was eating. I put the paper bag into my bag and sat in front of her.

-----------Time skip to 7pm---------

Marinette's POV
"Tikki, it's time for patrol lets go." I whispered.

"Tikki spots on!" I chanted.

A bright light engulfed my body and I changed into my ladybug suit. I walked out to the balcony and began patrolling the city. I guess I should go visit my silly kitty, we promised to meet at the Eiffel tower when we're done.
I felt the cold night air hit against my suit, oh how I missed this feeling. The excitement was overwhelming, I haven't felt so free and flexible in ages. I did all sorts of stunts on my way to the Eiffel Tower, my wound no longer hurt, I felt unstoppable.

I arrived at the tower and looked down, people were cheering and amazed by my unintentional performance. I felt flustered after realising I had an audience staring at me. Somebody hugged me from behind, it was a familiar sensation I definitely have felt before.