[Chapter 12] Release

Chat Noir's POV
She wasn't dying? She wasn't even becoming pale or bleeding it was if she was just sleeping. A pained expression emerged from her face occasionally but other than that she seemed completely fine. The large hole that the Jade amulet caused completely covered up in a couple of seconds, I'm baffled. What the hell is happening.

"Child, calm down she's merely in a deep sleep within her consciousness. You have to go retrieve her from her mind. If you fail to save her Marinette will be fall into eternal slumber till death takes her. Let me explain.
You must go through all of Marinette's memories and find her. The real her is being tormented by her worst memory and it's your job to save her. You must do your best to console her and persuade her to leave this state of mind but be careful because it appears as if she's fighting with someone. "

"Okay, I'll do my best to retrieve her." I said.

Master Fu stood in a stance as if he was going to...

"WAIT! Time out! What're you planning to do!" I shouted as I waved my arms in front of me.

"Doing what's necessary?" He smirked.

He launched the Jade amulet at my best and it blasted through my heart.

"Ouch, god dammit Master Fu!" I winced.

Suddenly my eyes became blurry and I felt the world fall into darkness. My consciousness faded and when I regained it, I was in an unfamiliar black room. There was a green Jade door with cracks that wrote Marinette.
This must be the one. I opened it and saw her memories in panels that were floating across the room.

How was I supposed to find Marinette? As I walked this endless path I saw countless moments of Marinette crying and insecure. I wanted to just jump through the frame and console her, but I can't.  I also saw how much Chloe influenced Marinette even if it didn't seem like that in class. It was so fascinating watching her grow up. I almost lost track of my goal because of how carried away I got watching her memories.

May memories flew by but I none of them had any significant change or suspicious things. I saw one particular panel that stood out from the rest, it was rather small and unnoticeable. It was the moment Hawkmoth laid hands on Marinette. I jumped through the panel. I saw Marinette on the floor with her hands desperately clutching her head while Hawkmoth was communicating with her. That bright purple akuma mark that ran across her face shocked me. I hurt her feelings to this extent. I could hear her arguing with Hawkmoth, she was shaking terribly and tears flooded down her cheeks as she tried her best to not give in.

"Marinette!" I shouted

I ran towards her but a large purple bubble engulfed her. It was indestructible, I tried to break it. I punched and kicked it multiple times but it just wouldn't shatter. I was watching Marinette become corrupted by the second and I couldn't do a damn thing about it.

"Marinette! Don't listen to him! I promise I'll get you out of here as soon as possible. I promise, j-just hang in there!" I shouted as a hit the bubble repetitively.

Marinette snapped. She stopped shaking and became motionless, seconds later I saw maroon and black light orbs surround her. Slowly akumatizing her.

"Nononono. PLAGG!" I shouted.

"CATACLYSM!"

I dug into the bubble with my destructive claw. It worked, the bubble started evaporating into little particles. I embraced Marinette and buried her small frame against my body. I held her head into my chest and began caressing it.

"MARINETTE! Calm down. Please stop. You didn't even give me a chance to reason with you yet." I whimpered.

"C-chat it's too late. You l-lied to me, why weren't you being honest. You knew I was Marinette but you selfishly pushed your feelings onto me. Those feelings belong to ladybug not me. I-i actually thought you loved me for who I really was, I w-was a fool for ev-"

I cut her off with my finger. I could feel her shaky breath tickling my chest, her tears sliding down my suit and her shaking vibrating through my arms. I hugged her tighter.

"Mari, it's okay. You know, we may be superheroes but wearing a mask and costume does not define us. I love you as Marinette and Ladybug. I was always nervous and flustered because of the bluenette sitting behind me in class. Who just happened to be the same person as the love of my life. When I found out you were Ladybug I was extremely happy because I noticed that a part of me was in love with you. You are who you are, even if you weren't ladybug I'm absolutely positive I would've fallen for you anyway, somehow and someway. I love you to the moon and back princess." I said.

I buried my face in her hair that was untied. I leaned back and cupped her face. I saw her blue eyes wide open, they were overloaded with large tears welling up in her eyes. She tackled me to the ground and started crying.

"C-chat I'm sorry for doubting you. I didn't know you were so passionate about your love for me. I'm sorry for discarding your feelings multiple times. I love you so much I'm so sorry. P-please forgive me for being incompetent." She cried as she hiccuped.

"As long as M'lady is okay, nothing else matters." I giggled.

The lights began reversing and the akuma mark on her face started fading along with her Miss Fortune suit.
I smiled and swapped positions, this time I was above her. I grabbed her neck and pulled her closer to me. I leant in and kissed her. Her arms swung around my neck as our chests touched. We stayed in that position for minutes, refusing to separate from eachother until my body began fading.

"W-what's happening?"

I released from her grip and watched my body become transparent.

"Chat! What's wrong, is everything okay? Why are you disappearing!?" She cried.

"I don't know, I think I'm leaving your mind." I said.

"What the hell, explain everything kitty! Don't leave me! Please."

"Don't worry M'lady, everything should be fine. I'll see you in a bit trust me! I'll explain everything in the future, I have to go now."

My body began dispersing into little grey bubbles and my consciousness faded. I heard Marinette shout my name while clinging onto me.

------LEFT MARINETTE'S MIND-----

Author's Note
Hellololo sorry for not updating regularly, I've been slacking off since the start of the holidays since I normally write when I finish my work extra early in class. School days will be back in a few days so dw! Hell will break loose~ anyway hope you enjoy!