[Chapter 17] Unrequited love

Marinette's POV
When the wind stopped so did the pages however this one was different, it was not a drawing. I began tearing up, he too wrote a poem for me on Valentine's Day.

-----14/2/2016-----
Your existence is a blessing to the earth.
Oh your eyes twinkle like sapphire gems, deep blue hair that shines like a radiant moon in the midnight sky.
Those majestic yet talented hands that create beauty itself. Such a creative and imaginative mind, I want all of you to be mine. Your affection, your heart, your devotion, your beauty and most of all, your love. Give me all of you and I'll give you all of me. For forever and eternity you'll always have a place in my heart, my sweet Marinette.

I picked up Nathaneal's sketchbook and hugged it. We only knew eachother for a short amount of time but he cared for me so much. I was so shocked when I heard about what Nathaneal did to Chloe when she insulted me while I was in hospital. How much he looks after me behind the scenes. He loves me like I love Adrien.... and right now he's heartbroken. I've felt the same way before... and I was akumatized, I refuse to let that happen to him again.
I hear Chloe crying and screaming in the background.

"Mari-trash always ruins everything! She ruined Nathaneal and I!! You're the cause of everything you swine, you ruined my future with Adrien I hate you!" She yelled.

"LOOK CHLOE. I don't give a damn about a measly brat like you. I'm sorry that Adrien doesn't love you, it isn't something I can change! But don't you dare compare yourself to Nathaneal! He loved me genuinely, before anyone else did. He cared for me, he fell for me and no matter how many ugly sides I showed him he didn't care! Even when he became the Evillustrator his feelings did not waver! Find yourself a boy who would stoop to your level Chloe!" I screamed.

The whole school stopped dead in their tracks, they all directed their attention at us. I hugged Nathaneal's book and stormed into the principal's office with Alya, Nino and Adrien behind me.
Mr Damacles was shocked to see me angry. I slammed me hand on the table and said.

"TELL. ME. Nathaneal's adress right now. It's urgent."

"O-okay."

He looked frightened and timidly pointed his finger at our class folder. I quickly grabbed the folder and looked for Nathaneal's name.

"Alright." I said as I memorised his adress.

"Girl, where are you going?" Alya said worriedly.

"Going to find Nathaneal, that's where." I said angrily.

I ran as fast as I could outside of school, nobody could keep up with me. I watched the silhouette of my friends fade as I turned my head away.

Adrien's POV
Far out. Why is Nathaneal so important to her. It's so frustrating knowing that I wasn't the one who fell in love with her first dammit. I can't deny anything. I watched Marinette run away at the speed of light and nobody followed her because they knew that this is only something Marinette can do. My heart was aching, it hurts so much to see her care so much for another guy besides me.
I began walking to the park, I decided not to attend school today. Nino and Alya walked back to class together and nobody was in a good mood. I was waiting to be picked up at the entrance and I could still hear Chloe screeching and whining from the girl's bathroom window, it sounds horrendous.
My ride arrived and I sat inside the car, on the way home I looked outside the window and saw Nathaneal. I quickly texted Alya that he was outside the Museum of fine arts.

Marinette's POV
*ring ring riiiinnnggg*
My phone rang. It was a call from Alya and I answered.

"Did you need something?" I said.

"Girl, I just got a text and apparently Nathaneal is in front of the Museum of Fine arts, go get him!" She exclaimed supportively.

"Thanks Alya, you're a big help. Catch you later." I replied.

"No problem." she said before hanging up.

The Museum of Fine Arts. I don't have time for this, it's at the opposite side of town. Tikki flew out and nodded at me.

"Alright, Tikki spots on!" I chanted.

I changed into my my ladybug suit and quickly swung myself towards the Musuem. As I approached I could see Nathaneal sitting on a pillar beside the museum. I quickly hid behind a wall and released my transformation before rushing to him at full speed. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug.

"Na-Nathan....*huff* *huff* *huff* let. Me. Breathe." I said tiredly.

I was breathing like a horse, oh god. I pulled away and sighed.

"Are you okay?" I said worriedly.

His eyes were red and puffy, he had clearly been crying however he kept wiping the tears out of his eyes desperately, hoping I wouldn't notice.

"I-I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, I knew how you felt yet I lead you on and thought it was okay. That was inconsiderate of me and I hope you'll forgive me." I apologised as I bowed my head.

"Raise your head Mari." He said.

I timidly raised my head and looked stared into his eyes.

"Mari, don't look at me like that. I could never be mad at you. I knew you loved Adrien yet I too did try to change your feelings... we're the same, we just love different people though ahah.
Mari. I love you so much. I know you don't feel the same it's just- now that you've confronted me it's better to get it off my chest. Thank you for treating me the same despite knowing how I felt, thank you for spending time with me and thank you for letting me love you. I'll never forget this feeling. I do have one last request though..."

Author's Note:
HELOloLolOl miraculerssss
I hope you enjoyed this chapter c: can i just have a moment to say THANKYOU to the 850 people who read my book, the 55 people who voted and the 16 people who bookmarked this fanfic. I love you so much and I appreciate you reading this so much! I enjoy all of your comments and I hope you'll leave more! Oh and does any1 else believe that Nathaneal should have more appearances in the show.... I mean they didn't even mention his name in the webisode! The comment section was exploding and I was really upset too. As a person who loves characters with unrequited love I couldn't help but love this smol lil' tomato. I mean c'mon he's so cute and precious💞

Welp, Bug out!~🐞✨