[Chapter 5] My princess

Adrien's POV
Every night I went on my daily patrols as per usual, except now I took over Ladybug's shift too. I felt incredibly guilty every time I wore this leather black cat costume, it reminded me of what I had done. As much I resented the guilt I have the responsibility of watching over Paris, as it's superhero I can't let one akuma get the best of me. I patrolled my half of Paris, it was a normal quiet night, I began racing through Ladybug's patrol area but my heart stopped when I saw a bright red figure leap in front of the radiant moon. It was M'lady.

"Oh Chat, I already checked this part of town, you didn't have to."

"M'LADY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!
You should be resting in bed, healing up!"
I quickly pounced at her and caught her figure bridal style and brought her to the highest floor of the Eiffel Tower. I gently placed her down on the cold concrete and caressed her wound.

"Princess...." I whimpered.

My ears drooped as I saw the brief outlines of scabs poking through her suit. Clearly bandages did not stay on during the transformation. I started to tear, the pain of seeing my lady injured hurt more than any injury I had received before. I would do anything to be able to see her healthy and back to normal again.

"Chat.... I came here to tell you I'm fine, I didn't want you to feel responsible for anything that happened that day. It was due to my carelessness, please don't take it upon yourself."

She grabbed my hand that held her waist and grasped it. Her bluebell eyes stared into mine, they were sincere and reassuring. At this moment I couldn't hold my feelings in anymore, I burst into tears but I stood up and turned around attempting to hide them. It was no use. M'lady was aware of me crying, she walked in front of me, placed my head on her shoulder and embraced me. We both slowly fell to the ground not moving an inch from our position.

"I-I'm sorry Ladybug, I could've saved you. I could've defended you. I promised I'd let nothing happen to you. I've failed you, I have failed being a superhero if i can't even protect one girl. Please forgive me. Forgive me for being a incompetent, for not being able to save you, for not taking that strike for y-"

I was cut off by her finger pressing against my trembling lips.

"Don't you dare say that Chat." She glared.

"It was the not the fault of either of us, we were just being careless. We can't change anything now, there's no point in grieving and besides I'm alright and still in one piece aren't I?" She chuckled.

Her fingers slid off my lips and she cupped my face with her smooth hands, she leant in. Our lips pressed against each other. I was shocked for a moment but I returned the kiss. Our lips stayed intact for two minutes until we were interrupted by the sound of her earrings beeping. She let go.

"Goodnight Chat, Je-Taime." she whispered into my ear before leaping off the Eiffel Tower and disappearing into the darkness of the city.
I simply stood there enchanted by my princess. All of my negative feelings slowly dispersed. My mind was now filled with thoughts of her.

"I'm in love with both Marinette and Ladybug." I whispered to myself.

I can't deceive myself anymore. She's the only one for me. My ring beeped so I ran back home and climbed through the window just before my transformation wore off. I changed into sweatpants and a grey t-shirt and fell asleep feeling better than ever.

Marinette's POV
I swung into the hospital window and crashed against the bed. Tikki released the transformation and cried out.

"MARINETTE!"

I groaned and saw blood gushing out of my wound. I lost consciousness and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning....

Narration (Nobody's POV)
Marinette's parents woke up early as usual to prepare their bakery but received a disturbing call telling them that this morning their daughter was found on the floor, surrounded in a pool of blood. She would not have survived if the nurse hadn't checked on her this morning. Marinette is now under emergency care and is being  monitored 24/7.
Marinette's parents rushed to the hospital in tears wishing for their daughter's safety. The doctor confirmed her condition is now stable and she is receiving donated blood to help her recover faster. Her parents personally visited the school principal, Mr Damacles to inform him of Marinette's condition. Alya overheard and burst into tears as she headed back to classroom from the girl's bathroom. Nino comforted her in his arms for a few minutes before the teacher walked in. Alya wrote a note  explaining what she heard when Marinette's parents were in the principal's office and passed it to Nino, who passed it to Adrien. The three were silently wailed but soon after Chloe snatched the note out of Adrien's hands reading it out to everyone. Nathanael worked up the courage to yell at Chloe, retrieve the note and give it back to Alya. He patted her shoulder. Everyone was silent in shock of Marinette's situation but Chloe broke the silence and burst into a sarcastic laugh.

"PFFT. Knowing clumsy old Marinette she probably just fell off a building or something and cracked some bones. Big deal?! She's probably just ditching to draw some crappy designs again. Honestly I've been through worse, having to wear department store clothes ugh! Oh wait what am I saying she'd have to sacrifice her own life to afford one of my expensive high quality dresses, hahah!"

Everyone glared but nobody had noticed the horrific look on Adrien's face, he was fuming. His eyes were bloodshot, his teeth were clenched and his brows furrowed. Even Sabrina couldn't laugh at this joke, she knew Chloe took it way too far.
Adrien stood up, and yelled at Chloe. The calm, composed and cool model Adrien raised his voice at a young girl. That was a sight to see.

I actually got really into character and was really angry during geography because I was writing Chloe's part. Yeesh, it broke my heart to have to hurt Marinette again, I was actually tearing oh my god. I have a bad habit of putting myself in character, which makes me really emotional. ALRIGHTY hope ya'll enjoyed that chapter+my weird habit talk.
Bug out! Miraculers✨❤️🐞👍🏻