[Chapter 21] Ready

Marinette's POV
We finished the photo shoot, it wasn't as bad as I though it would be. I changed out of the clothes, picked up my things and had Adrien walk me home. He seemed to be in a very good mood, I guess he had fun. We arrived at the bakery, I spun around and smiled sweetly at him.

"Thankyou for escorting me home purrrince." I said cheekily.

"Anything for my pawrincess." He replied.

I pecked him on the nose and ran inside of my bakery. That was one of the best days of my life. I quietly skipped upstairs and changed into my pyjamas, I was incredibly exhausted.

Now, time to go to bed.

As I walked towards my bed I bumped into my table. My sketch book tumbled onto the ground revealing the page where I had sketched my dress for the school dance.

"Oh my god! Tikki! I still haven't made my dress! Oh god I'll never make it to the school dance tomorrow this is the worst. I'll end up embarrassing myself with a super ugly and rushed dress. I'll probably trip over my feet and tear my dress, making a mess of myself. The whole grade will laugh a-"

"Calm down Marinette! You've still got all night and tomorrow afternoon to work on it. If you do your best I'm sure you'll make it in time for tomorrow evening."

I recomposed myself. It's okay I can still make things work. Tikki's right.

"Thanks Tikki, you're right." I said confidently.

I quickly picked up my sketchbook and sat down. I pulled out my sewing kit and all of my materials, I quickly began measuring and pinning things together I had no time to waste. I bumped the materials leaning against my desk, they all tumbled onto the group making loud thumping noises. I heard my mom open my trapdoor.

"Is everything okay dear? Why are you still awake, it's past your bedtime."

Crap, they heard.

"Mama, there's a school dance tomorrow and I haven't finished my dress. Pretty please just this once?" I asked frantically.

"I understand, I'll bring refreshments soon. Good luck sweetie." She said supportively.

She closed the trap door and returned downstairs. I re-organised my materials and placed them on my bed. I continued working on my dress.

Five hours passed, it was now 4am in the morning. I just finished sewing on the veil. I just need to sew together a reddish-black rose together and add ribbons. Then I'm ready. I decided to work on it during class tomorrow, I just hope the teacher won't notice.

(I described the dress in chapter two or three but stuff happened in the story so yeah. I'll just copy and paste the description here:
"After 40 minutes of sketching and silence I finished my design. It was a long maroon dress with black lace, frills with a veil over my chest connecting to the back of my dress which reached my waist exposing my back.")

I yawned and jumped onto my bed. I fell asleep a few moments later.

----------------Time skip----------------

The painfully bright rays of light beamed into my room. I woke up early today because I have to prepare more things than usual. After all I haven't finished my accessories for tonight. I quickly got dressed and packed my bag with all of the required materials and kits I needed to make the accessories. Tikki was still asleep, that was unusual because she's normally the one telling me to wake up every morning. I gently tapped her small shoulders with the tip of my finger, i watched her
large and beautiful blue eyes open.