[Chapter 10] Protect

Narration (Nobody's POV)
Miss fortune continued to destroy Paris while on the run from Chat Noir who was following her close behind. She started to approach a large spectacular tree, it was the same one Nathaneal and Marinette sat beneath.

"UGH, how sickening. I cannot believe I sat beneath this tree with Nath, utterly disgusting. It reeks of affection and must be exterminated right now."

A small red headed figure appeared from bushes, he ran across to the tree and tried to block it hopelessly.

"This is the one place I shared special memories with Marinette, she entrusted me with this place. I will not let you destroy it even if it costs me my life! If this is something precious to Marinette I'll do whatever it takes to protect it!" He shouted.

He looked like a scared dog with his tail down, his body was shaking and he could barely stand. His eyes were closed tight accepting what may happen to him a few minutes from now.

"HAH you want to test me? You don't even look threatening. Very well."

Miss fortune threw the dagger straight at Nathaneal, it was just blocked a few meters away from his chest. It rebounded off Chat Noir's baton. She glared as she retracted the dagger back.

"If I can't do things my way I'll get rid of the disturbances first, starting with you Shitty Noir." She growled.

------inside of Marinette and Brigette's mind----

Marinette's POV
"No! No please Brigette, don't kill him! Even if I feel this way i want to protect him....he's still the one I love. Send me back out! Release me!" I cried

(Author's Note in the anime Marinette's name is actually Brigette and Adrien's is Felix. So I'm going to use Brigette as her evil side. Akumatized Marinette and Brigette are the same people don't get confused :p)

"Why won't you accept me! I'm only trying to punish those who caused you unhappiness. I'm doing what's best for you! We can live together with nobody to tell us what's right or wrong, what's good or bad or what we have to be like. It'll just be us two." Bridgette shouted.

Brigette hugged me and patted my head, she isn't doing it intentionally. She is just doing what she thinks is best for me, out of good intentions. I can't be mad at her. She's the negative part of me, I let her loose control so I have to put her back in her place. Deep inside my mind.

"Brigette..... if you love me let me go."

(PANIC! reference any1!?)

"No. You're planning to get rid of me. After 15 years I've let you have your way, I've watched you cry, get angry, stressed, frustrated and upset and I haven't done anything about it. Now I will, I will create an ideal world for me and only me. If you won't accept me I won't accept you either. I'll use this body to its full potential and dispose of it when I'm done. Then we can be together forever, if I can't have you alive with me, I'll have you die with me." She said apologetically.

"I tried to negotiate with you, if that won't work I'll force my way out. Sorry Brigette."

---------------Back to reality--------------

"AHHH! Ugh! Marinette stop. This for your own good. Let me have my way!"

I managed to force my way back into my mind, the butterfly and transformation started to flash furiously.

"AGH! C-Chat please help me. The akuma is inside of my earring AHH!! Don't destroy it. Tikki is in there! P-please kill me! Quickly before it's too late!" I cried.

Chat Noir's POV
She expects me to kill her? How the hell am I supposed to do that. I would be killing one of  Paris' superheroes and the love of my life.

"I-I can't Marinette how am I supposed to do that! You're the love of my life, I can't hurt you please don't do this to me. I can't do this."

"Get a grip Chat Noir! Right now you aren't the only one with love. Everyone here has their f-families, friends, lovers and children. Are you going to let that all perish because of one insecure girl? You have the responsibility of keeping the citizens of Paris safe. You mustn't waver because of one girl. It's either sacrifice all of Paris and beyond that or sacrifice one girl. You know what you need to do....this isn't a demand, it's a request from Marinette and Ladybug. End me." She said apologetically.

Her suit turned dark again accompanied by the sound of her hysterically laughing. I can't believe this is happening. Think Chat Noir, think! If I break her earrings to release the akuma Tikki will die and there will never be another ladybug. And without ladybug the miraculouses wont be balanced and I will no longer be able to become Chat Noir. If I..... *gulp* kill Marinette... the akuma will no longer have a host, Paris will be saved and Tikki will be able to find another Ladybug. But I will loose the love of my life, Paris will loose the best superhero. Why is this so complicated!? I heard Plagg speaking to my mind.

"Adrien I'm sorry to say this but kill her. I'm saying this for Paris and Tikki's sake. It's the wisest choice.If Tikki dies there'll never be another ladybug and I'll disappear because the two of us are meant to function together. You'll save thousands of lives at the expense of one life, it's a tough decision but it's the correct one. If you refuse to take action I'll take over your mind temporarily I'll save Tikki myself. Life's hard and sometimes you just have to deal with what choices you get kid. Both our lover's lives are on the line." He said sympathetically.

"You're right Plagg... I can't be selfish, this is what Marinette wanted. I'll fulfill  her last wish." I whimpered.

"HAWKMOTH!  If you can hear me I want you to know that I'll never stop hunting you down till the day I die. I'll be sure to tear to to shreds like what you did to my lover's heart. I'll make sure you breathe your last breath with my claw grasping your heart. Do you understand! I'll kill you!" I screamed.

I jumped at the sky and grabbed Miss Fortune by the neck which caught her by surprise. I pinned her to the floor and chanted.

"Cataclysm!"

"I'm sorry M'Lady... I love you."

I dug my intoxicated claws into her chest. I began to cry at the thought of what I'd done. Black sparkles began flaking off her suit, she was turning back. I saw the butterfly and withdrew my hand before ripping the poor butterfly to shreds while cursing.

"This fucking filth ruined everything, damn you Hawkmoth you'll pay!" I cursed.

"C-Chat take me somewhere we can be alone..." she whispered weakly.

I saw tears streaming out of her eyes like a water pipe. I picked her up gently bridal style, a pool of blood began overflowing from her wound and spilling on the ground. I looked away and clenched my teeth. I carefully leapt from roof to roof escaping the presence of the paparazzi. I carried Marinette to the bakery, besides she was almost at her end. Her parents can't scold her in this situation.
I broke down the door and demanded help from the two. They looked down to see Ladybug's costume disperse into pieces revealing their one and only beloved daughter's pale face drenched in blood. Marinette's mother began crying.

To be continued.....

Author's note
Hey hey hey! This book is going to end shorter than I expected unfortunately! I'll be making a new one soon though. Did you see what I did there with Tikki and the akuma!? My original idea😀 I really hope you guys felt the feels. I did too writing this.😭 Please tell me what you think! I love ya'll so much have a great day and enjoy~
Bug out!~ miraculers