[Chapter 4] Recovery

Marinette's POV
"Mm." I cried.
My eyes felt heavy, i slowly opened them only to be awoken by a blinding light. I was in a.... hospital room?
I felt a throbbing pain near my waist and flinched.
The door flung open, a nurse came in.

"She has awoken, please do not excite her too much. She is still in shock."

She stared at me and wrote something on her board while observing me.
I briefly saw 3 people behind her. It was Alya, Nino and A-Adrien!?
They all rushed in and began shouting.

"Are you alright Mari!?"

"How did you get yourself into this girl!"

"Your clumsiness has preached a whole new level!"

"Take your time to recover."

I flinched at their yelling but I was relieved to see my best friends worried about me. I could even see black circles and bloodshot eyes dreading Alya's face and for some reason Adrien's too?
I felt guilty for a second but it was completely brushed aside by Alya gently tackling me a hug. She started sniffling and eventually broke into a tears. The two boys stared and quietly exited the room to give the girls some space. They just observed from the crack of the door.

Alya's speech was mumbled as she was struggling to cry and talk at the same time. But she eventually was able to clearly speak.

"M-Marinette I don't know what I'd do without you. How did you get yourself into this mess. Please, please don't ever get yourself into this again. You need to tell me the details. I-I almost had a heart attack, I don't think I've ever had such a horrifying experience."

I broke into tears listening to my best friend break down. The guilt consumed me but I felt Tikki nudge me, I'm assuming she was warning me about the possibility of being akumatized. I put this rush of negativity on hold and just reminded myself about how lucky I was to just be breathing and alive, anybody could've died from such a fatal injury.

"How did you get yourself in such a bad situation anyway? That wound looked horrific." Alya cried.

"O-oh yeah! I um w-was chasing Chat Noir because I was worried about him and yeah! I was hit by one of the light bolts. Unfortunately I can't remember anything after that." I stuttered.
I hope she didn't realise that my injury was exactly where ladybug was hit. Oh boy that was a close call.

Adrien's POV
Listening to Marinette blurt out such a blunt lie really pierced me. I was exhausted from everything that happened but this was probably the most heart wrenching thing I've felt all day.
I mean, I've always wanted to know Ladybug's true identity but there was a part of me that didn't want to know. I was afraid that it might change my feelings for her. I'm so lost, I love Ladybug but do I also love Marinette?
I groaned and clasped my head in confusion, I just need to rest. I re-composed myself and stood beside Nino.

*Sigh*

"What's wrong dude?"

"It's nothing, just sad to see one of my friends in hospital." I said before smiling.

I wish that was all.

Marinette's POV
"Alya, you should get going, it's almost closing hour for visitors." I sighed.

"Yeah, you get some rest.
Oh and your parents stayed in front of the operation room the whole time you were in there, the doctor advised them to leave and re-open the shop. That's why they were gone, so we're here instead!"

She walked out of the room before leaning back in.

"Also I overheard you'll be discharged in a few days, but you'll still have to stay in bed for a week before moving around again. I'll keep a watch on you meaning I'll be picking you up to and from school everyday, you're prohibited to do any sports, I'll be taking over your shifts in the bakery and you'll be taken to the hospital on the weekends for checkups.
What a great friend I am."
She looked at me sternly and giggled.

"Yeah yeah! The most wonderful bests' friend ever, absolutely fabulous, stunning!" I said sarcastically.

We both giggled, she walked out and shut the door gently. Their footsteps gradually became quiet until I couldn't hear them anymore.
I sat there in silence and sorrowfully smiled to myself, I felt Tikki wriggle out of the bed sheets and fly up, she embraced my cheek. I could faintly hear sobbing accompanied by tears flowing down my cheeks which weren't mine.

"Oh Tikki, what would I do without you." I said.

I smiled gently as I patted her back with my fingers. Her voice was barely recognisable.

"M-Marinette this whole time ever since you woke up I've been trying to hold back my tears without making a sound, I can't anymore." The small red kwami whimpered.

She started crying with all her might.

"I don't know what what I'd if I had lost another Ladybug, we've only known eachother for almost a year. I was so close to loosing you..... I-i'm sorry, I should just be happy you came back in one piece. I love you Marinette."

Tikki buried her face in my cheek.

"Aw Tikki, I don't think I'd prefer our relationship any other way. You're the bests' friend and partner."

We hugged for 10 minutes and slowly broke off each other's grip. We smiled and giggled together.

-Time skip-

Marinette's POV
"Psst, Tikki i know you aren't going to like this, but please let me transform into Ladybug and see Chat Noir. I'm sure he's worried sick and I don't want that." I pleaded while holding my hands together.
Her face was full of worry and concern, but she gave in and allowed me to go.

"Alright Marinette, but you have to promise to ask Chat Noir to escort you back to the park near the hospital if your wound starts hurting even the slightest. Don't over work yourself. Take it slow and easy." She said with a concerned look.

"Alright, I promise. Thankyou Tikki."

"Tikki spots on." I chanted.

Transforming was extremely difficult, my body instinctively moved a lot which immediately spread pain throughout my body. I tried to not show any signs of pain or else Tikki would've immediately released the transformation.
I quietly snuck out from the window and gracefully glided through the air using my yoyo as an anchor for every building it attached it to.

"Chat......"

Author
Herro miraculers💕 I had so much fun writing this chapter, hope ya'll enjoy! I'll try to keep regularly update (quite a challenge) but it'll be my holidays soon which means a lot of free time. Ya~hoo~~ alrighty cya cuties!❤️ leave a comment x
Yours truly ~ Chisaki/Kujira