[Chapter 6] Fragile

Adrien's POV
"Chloe! Don't you dare say that about Marinette again. She's a beautiful, selfless, wonderful and talented young girl. If you EVER mention something like that again related to this incident I will make do everything i can to ruin you and your father's reputation!" I screamed.

I grabbed her collar pulled it. My heart was racing and I was still furious, but i went cold realising what I had just said to my childhood friend. I was shocked at my own actions, I quickly released her and stumbled backwards.

"C-Chloe I'm so sorry I didn't have control over myself. I-I didn't mean that I'm so sorry."

I struggled to speak because of the guilt that was consuming me. I, Adrien Agreste actually raised my hand against a girl. Shame. Chloe froze and tears slowly filled her eyes, she too, was shocked because her amazing, cool childhood friend/crush had just hurt her.

"DADDYYYYY!" Chloe cried as she ran outside of the classroom with Sabrina following behind her.

The sound of her fancy heels ricocheting against the hallway floor could be heard from the classroom all the way to the highway. I felt so ashamed of himself. I ran outside of the school gates and ran towards the hospital. The sound of Nino yelling my name could be heard in the background but I ignored it and continued to run.
Plagg peeked out of his pocket and called me out.

"Adrien, I think I just remembered a way to help Marinette heal faster. My old man should know some sort of ancient Chinese healing technique that helps her kwami aura to improve the situation of her body or something like that. Well, it's worth a try." he shrugged.

"You tell me that now Plagg? Godammit." I glared.

"Lead the way." I shouted.

Plagg directed me to an old, rustic shop that had a sign showing Therapy & Massage. I doubted this place had somebody who could heal Marinette. But I would take any opportunity that I've been given to make her feel better. The chime rang as I opened the door. I walked inside, it had tatami mats, large vases with flowers and the smell of incense lingered in the air. A small old man smiled at me when I entered the nearest room. He wore a red Hawaiian shirt accompanied by grey shorts.

"Hello Chat Noir, I've been expecting you. My name is Master Fu." He said.

I was very shocked, he immediately knew my identity who is this man? If I remember I helped him up after he collapsed on the street. Plagg flew out of my pocket and embraced a small green figure that looked like a... turtle kwami? So many things surprised me at once, it was almost difficult to adapt to the situation. I remembered my objective and immediately raised me voice.

"Um hello, my name is Adrien Agreste and for some reason you know me as Chat Noir but please. Mar-Ladybug is in grave danger, she is terribly wounded and is currently under intensive care. Plagg told me you may have something that is capable of helping her. I'll do anything just name it but please help me. Help her." I cried.

"Adrien, no price can repay the amount of times you and Ladybug have saved Paris. I couldn't ask for anything more, I'd be glad to help Paris' superheroes.
Take me to her and I'll do everything I can." He said as he started packing some instruments and items into a bag.

I nodded and guided him to Marinette's hospital room. She was being moved back into her previous hospital room. Her beautiful skin was pale as sheets, her luscious pink tinted lips were painted blue, her rosy cheeks were monotone and her eyes sunk to her skull because she had clearly lost weight. As soon as she was placed back into her hospital bed and the nurses left the room, we walked in. The nurse gave a suspicious stare.

"I'm accompanying her grandfather." I said as I beamed a radiant smile at her.

She ran off flustered. Again, that pain tugged my heart when I saw Marinette in such a horrible state.

"Please." I whimpered.

"Of course, let's get started."

Master Fu pulled out a warm, moist towel and placed it on her chest. He then gently placed a jade necklace around her collar and began chanting something.

"Wayzz, tuck out." He said.

A green light blinded the room, he looked completely different because of his transformation. He looked like a ninja turtle. As much as I wanted to laugh now was not the time.

A pile of blank sutra pamphlets fell into his hands with a calligraphy pen. He wrote the word Healing in Chinese and placed it on top of her chest. He then clutched his hands together and started praying. Aqua orbs of light surrounded Marinette, it was as if a thousand fireflies were blessing her, she started to look healthier if my eyes weren't deceiving me. After 5 minutes Master Fu fell to his knees and started to huff, his transformation wore off. He quickly turned around to grab a large Symbol (the instrument) and hit it. Instantly those thousands of orbs disappeared into the ceiling of the room.

"Wo-wow.....that was spectacular." I said.

"If you'd excuse me, I'll be heading home to rest. The little lady should be fine now, it was not a perfect ceremony but it was enough to decrease the fatality of the wound. Excuse me." He exited the room and smiled before sliding the door shut.

"Thankyou so much. Really I cannot express my gratitude." I bowed in tears.

I sat and waited for my princess to open her eyes. I decided to stay here with her to be the first to see her awaken. 40 minutes passed and her eyelids began twitching, I grasped her hand in tears calling out her name. There it was, those familiar ocean bluebell eyes appeared on her face.

"Mari-Marinette *sniffle* I'm not dreaming am I? It really is you." I cried.

"A-Adrien?" She croaked.

Our eyes met and she stared at me in a tired state. She smiled worriedly.

Welcome back M'lady.
I thought to myself.

Authors note:
Hello! That was so fun to write, especially thinking about Master Fu's power that was difficult. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter I didn't edit it properly bc ceebs but I'll be sure to fix things up soon!
Bug out! Miraculers🐞✨❤️👀