Prologue.

I stood up from where I was sitting on my couch, checking the time on my phone again. "Harry!" I yelled, "we need to go now!" I walked over to the door and waited there.
"Okay! Geez Viv calm down," my brother hustled out the door and I locked it as soon as he walked past. He put his suitcase in the boot and I got in the car, starting it up.
"Got everything?" he nodded and I reversed out of the driveway and onto the main road.

I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel nervously. In the same way the Joker does it, slowly it would get faster and faster, faster and faster...
"Viv." Harry's voice broke my train of thought. The car stopped at a red light so I turned to face him, "you still have time to book a ticket for tomorrow, you would have time to pack and come back home and-"
"Harry," I looked at him sadly as he got flustered, "I'm not going back." the light turned green and I turned my head back to the road. Silence settled in the car and I sighed quietly.

-:-:-

I looked over at my brother as he browsed the aisles in Replay, our small convenient store in New Zealand's International Airport. He was currently over at the books, I walked over towards him and looked at the shelf also.
"Vivian-"
"Not now Harry." I cut him off. I could tell he was looking at me, I felt it. I didn't want him to start up the conversation we had in the car on the way here.
"It's bound to come back up again Viv." I hissed under my breath and reached out to pick up a book, flipping it over to read the blurb. Someone pulled the book out of my grasp and I looked up to see that Harry was standing over me. "Vivian I-"

"Wroetoshaw!" someone yelled out, both my brother and I turned around to see a few young boys hurdling towards us. I took a step back and walked to the other side of the shop, my brother's eyes were on me until the boys arrived. He got a few photos with the boys before he walked over to me, again.
"Vivian, we need to talk about this, please," I looked into my little brother's eyes and gave in, sighing.
"Can we at least talk somewhere a little bit more, I dunno, private?" I mumbled and Harry nodded, walking out of the store, across the food court and into a cafe.

"So..." I started as the waitress set down our drinks. I thanked her and she smiled before walking away, "what do you want to ask?"
"How are you doing here?" I scratched my head.
"I've only been in NZ for a year..." I sighed and took a sip from my drink, "it's quite nice, I've been touring all across the country. It's nice to just take my mind off things," Harry nodded. "I've seen a few nice Unis around here, I might go to one, maybe Uni of Auckland? I dunno. How are you doing Mr Lewis?"
"Alright. It's a little bit weird without having you at home, so Rosie is the only girl. Mum would sometimes call your name out for dinner, forgetting you're here in New Zealand. Why here Viv? Why half way across the world?"
"I don't know Harry." I lied, I didn't want to tell him the truth.

"How's James?" I choked on my drink, but quickly recovered before Harry noticed.
"You mean my ex? Fine, I think. I'm pretty sure he's based down in Christchurch now." Harry looked away, as he knew that he had hit a nerve. James was the reason I moved to NZ. He had an apartment up here in Auckland that we could live in together. After our 'issue' we quickly ended on thin ice and I retreated up North while he went down South.

"Do you plan on coming home Viv?" Harry asked, desperate to start up a conversation as he swirled his drink around.
"I am home Harry."
"You know what I am."
"If you mean England then no, I don't plan on going back. I've got a flat in the CBD I share with my best friend. It's just my new way of life Harry."
"Vivian-"
"Stop saying my name like that Harry. You are my younger brother, not my disappointed Father. I don't consider England my home anymore, everything there is a reminder."
"A reminder of what?"
"I'll tell you another time Harry, not now." Harry looked like he was about to protest but decided against it, taking a sip of his drink instead.