Chapter Six.

"Morning Tobi," I smiled as I walked into the kitchen. He turned around at the sound of his name and saw me.
"Oh, morning Viv, you seem cheerful today."
"I've planned on going back to see my parents again today."
"That's great!" I pulled a takeaway cup out of the pantry and turned the kettle on, "do you want me to take you there?"
"I'll be alright, I know you need to do some recording today." he picked up his breakfast plate and walked out of the kitchen, presumably into his room. Once the kettle boiled I made myself a cup of tea and walked back into my room and changed into some black pantiehoes, demin shorts and a white singlet, I grabbed a hoodie off my chair as I left my room. Everything was in my pockets as I walked out from the elevator at ground floor, my phone gave me directions to my first stop, the cafe I saw in the newspaper.

-:-:-

"I think you've got the job." I looked up at the young man behind the desk and my eyebrows knotted together, "oh! Don't you want to job?" I relaxed my face.
"I would like the job, but it can't be that easy."
"Well I run this business and I can make it that easy, you're hired!" I smiled, "you'll be working weird hours first off. Can you start work tomorrow?" I nodded my head and he reached over his desk and stuck his hand out, I shook it. "Congrats Vivian, I'll tell your coworkers now, I'll see you tomorrow." and with that I left the cafe with a smile on my face. From outside the shop I hailed down a taxi and started the drive.

I got out and paid the driver before he drove off. I knocked on the door and Rosie opened the door, she smiled and let me in. I waved to my parents who were sitting on the couch and walked outside, sitting down on one of the deck chairs. I saw that Rosie was playing around with a football before someone tapped me on the shoulder. Looking up I saw it was Rosie, who was holding a volleyball, my eyes widened.
"You guys kept it?" she passed me the volleyball and I held it in my hands,
"Of course we did, it's not exactly something we could get rid of, you loved volleyball so much Viv." I twisted the volleyball around in my hands, feeling all the little nicks and bumps on it. This was the first volleyball I ever got, this was my first volleyball I trained with, right up to nationals I still stuck with this ball. I thought I had lost it when I left for New Zealand. I looked up to see Rosie wasn't outside, I took the opportunity to throw it up. Still got it I thought to myself as I setted it straight up.
"I miss this sport," I said out loud as I continued to set it up, "I miss nationals, training, the girls, the adrenaline rush, being the setter. Hell I miss everything." I walked around the deck and spun the ball in my hands.

"And here we have Vivian Lewis, sixteen years of age and a few little birdies have told me that she's the next big thing in the volleyball world. Apparently her sets are just amazing!"
"That's right Allen, she's the next big setter. Here she is walking out with her team! It's going to be a tough match Allen, I can tell you that right now."
"It's going to be a tough match, but a very good match indeed. There goes the starting whistle! May the best team win!"
"The Storm and the Blazers. The most anticipated volleyball match of the year, two of the top volleyball teams going to face off in this arena Allen."
"I'm so looking forward to this game Joe, I've been waiting for it for so long!" I closed my eyes as the memory slowly faded from my mind, but without thought I stopped walking as my mind skipped to the end of the match.

"Blazers and just slightly a head, 23 to 20. This game is very tough people."
"You know what Joe? I would like to see Vivian and her team pull through." I blocked out the commentators from then on as my mind went onto the court.
"Vivian! Here!" Lucy, our left wing yelled as someone retrieved the ball, putting it up for me. It was slightly off from my position and I hissed under my breath.
"Sorry Vivian!" she yelled as I tried to get under the ball. Clearly I was off and as I setted it I lost my footing, slipping on the polished wooden floor. I don't remember much after that, but I knew that I knocked myself out and badly injured my ankle, pulling all the muscles and nearly breaking it.

At the thought I rubbed my bad ankle and sat down in the deck chair. Someone sat down in the deck chair next to me.
"It looks like you've been through a lot," my mother whispered.
"Yeah, tell me about it." I huffed.

~+~+~

~Waves~ Hiya!

I had my first day back at school today, and boy was it overwhelming! Met my new music teacher as well, figured who I shared classes with and learned who is my tutor teacher! It was absolutely full on, so i'm not ready for tomorrow, I got so much paper today I stg xD Oh. I also injured my knee (Again.) at karate and deep heat is working miracles on my knee right now!

Bye!
~Kate <3
Updated (31/01/17)