Chapter Fifteen

Tobi rubbed my back as I slowly opened my eyes. I saw that we had moved from sitting on the floor to sitting on my bed, my head in Tobi's lap. He didn't notice that I was awake as he continued to rub my back, he drew swirls and lines and it nearly lulled me back to sleep if I didn't replay what happened a little while ago in my head. It was still so real, so raw. My eyes started to water and my breathing started to get faster.

"Shh... You're okay Viv, shh..." I blinked away the tears and sat up to look at Tobi. Instantly I bowled him into a hug.
"Thank you so much Tobi," I sniffed and he hugged me back.
"You're welcome Viv. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on." Oh Tobi, if only you knew I thought to myself as we broke apart. "Now, come on we'll go and sit out in the lounge, I'll order pizza?" I smiled sadly at him and nodded as we sat up and I shuffled off the bed, wrapping my dressing gown around me. We walked into the lounge and I turned on the tv while Tobi rung up and ordered pizza. He sat down next to me a few minutes later and he took the remote out of my grasp.
"Oi! I was watching that!"
"Not anymore," he chuckled as he changed the channel, flicking through the sports channels. He settled on a game of NBA and I sighed and he wrapped his arm around me. The doorbell rung a few minutes later so Tobi got up and answered that.

After the pizza was eaten and the game was finished Tobi stood up and I reached out to grab his arm. He stopped and looked down at me.
"Could you grab the photo for me please?" he nodded and walked off. I remembered that before I fell asleep that Tobi took the photo off me and looked at it, before putting it somewhere. He returned a few minutes later with that exact photo. I patted the couch next to me and he sat down. I placed the photo in between us and I saw Tobi look down at it curiously, then his eyes looked back up at me. I closed my eyes and steadied my breath.
"She was my daughter..."

-:-:-

*A few days later*

I woke up and closed my eyes in annoyance as my phone went off.
"Go away!" I shouted at my phone and stuffed my face in my pillow. It kept on ringing so I picked it up and put it on 'do not disturb' that better stop them I thought to myself. I managed to drag myself out of bed and changed into black tights and a baggy black and white singlet. I left my curtains closed and walked out into my kitchen and picked up an apple from my fruit bowl. My apartment was a mess I thought to myself as I looked around, I'm a mess. I saw the photo on the kitchen island and I pulled it towards me.

"I don't remember taking this photo," I said out loud, "you look so happy little one. It's been so long..." before I knew it, my eyes started to water and my attention was taken away from it when my front door started to bang.
"Vivian, it's been four days, please I'm begging you tell me what's wrong. Answer my texts and calls please! I'm worried about you! Everyone is!" there were a few more knocks on the door and it stopped. I closed my eyes slowly and breathed in and out. I walked over to my door, but my mind wouldn't let me open it.
"Simon..." I quietly whispered.
"Viv! Please, open the door," I closed my eyes again and I could imagine Simon on the other side of the door, holding onto the doorknob like it would magically open.
"I can't..."
"Please..." his pleading broke my heart, but I needed time.
"I just need some time Simon..." I whispered as I walked away from the door, his pleads got quieter and quieter as I walked into my room, with that photo. "Oh London, London my baby, what happened..." I silently wept as I curled up on my bed. Unsurely I laid down across my bed and picked up my phone to see my notifications was littered with texts, missed calls and messages from across all my social media sites. I cleared all my missed calls and pushed on texts to see that a lot of people have messaged me, I pushed on Simon's name and began to type a message to him;
'I'm sorry, for everything. Just, give me time Simon, I promise I'll be back. I've just run into a bit of a wall.' he quickly replied,
'What is this wall? I think Tobi knows but he won't tell me, let alone anyone, can't you tell me Vivian?'
'You'll know in all due time Simon, I promise that. I just need space...'
'Okay, see you soon Vivian.'
'Goodbye.' I turned off my phone and closed my eyes as Simon walked away from my front door.

~+~+~

/17/06/2017/

~Kate <3