Chapter Fourteen.

My ears heard something before my eyes opened, it sounded like a creaking noise in my room. Slowly I opened my eyes and they quickly adjusted to the light to see a tall guy standing frozen in my doorway. I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Hi." he chuckled and I let out my breath I had been holding.

"Bloody hell Simon, were you trying to give me a heart attack or something?" he chuckled again and I sat up in bed, shuffling the duvet around.

"I know this is kinda weird, but I noticed you have a double sized bed..." my eyes widened as I looked at Simon, and I saw that he was shivering. I reached over to the other side of my bed and flicked on the electric blanket to the highest number.

"Give it a minute to warm up, in the meantime I'll find you some other clothes, could you flick on the light please?" Simon reached over and flicked on the switch. I wrapped my dressing gown around me as I got out of bed and walked into my wardrobe, pulling out a cardboard box hidden in my closet.

"Here we are," I said under my breath as I pulled out a pair of tracks and an old shirt. Simon thanked me once I gave them to him and he walked into my bathroom to get changed. By the time he was done his side of the bed had warmed up and I hung my dressing gown up. Quietly he placed his clothes on the ground by his side of the bed and got in as I flicked off the switch.

To say that this was awkward would be an understatement. I sighed and got into bed, facing the opposite way to Simon. Slowly I drifted off to sleep, feeling safer as the sleeping body snuggled behind me.

I woke up stuck. My legs could move but I couldn't sit up. I lifted up the duvet to see a pair of arms locked around my waist and I started to panic, until I saw Simon's head nestled into my back.

"Oh! Um.." I uttered in embarrassment. My cheeks started to get warm so I slowly pried Simon's fingers from my waist. I got up and wrapped my dressing gown around me as I left my room. The smell of food must of woken Simon up as I dished out the last pancake from the pan.

"Something smells good." I looked up to see Simon in the clothes he wore yesterday. "I left the clothes on the bed, whose clothes are they?" I coughed and turned away from the food, just as my eyes widened.

"I have a brother a few years younger than me who lives in the same apartment complex as me, take a wild guess Simon." he laughed as he sat up at the kitchen island. I heard another click on the kitchen island but I just ignored it, thinking Simon accidentally hit the kitchen island. I picked up a plate of pancakes and slid the plate over to him as I handed him his cutlery.

"I'm just going to go and get changed." he nodded as he dug into the pancakes. I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. The weather looked nice outside so I changed into a short floral dress and I kept a denim jacket around my waist in case it got a bit cold. I opened up my curtains and put away the clothes back into the box, only then did I walk back out the have breakfast with Simon. I grabbed my own plate of pancakes and cutlery and sat down next to Simon.

"Who is this little cutie Viv?" Simon placed a photo face up onto the bench and I froze. I picked up the photo, I could tell Simon was watching me I didn't care at that moment. The little girl was sitting on the ground and was smiling up at the camera, she looked so happy...

"She's a niece of mine, why?" I mentally hit myself as soon as I said that. 'Fuck Vivian! Should've said a cousin!' I placed the photo back down on the bench and held Simon's look. He looked away and I went back to my breakfast, he seems like he didn't notice my slip up I thought to myself as we finished breakfast in silence.

"Well, thank you for that Viv," I looked up to see Simon smiling at me, I returned his smile, "but I better get going back to the Sidemen house, bye!" I walked him out. As soon as I heard the footsteps fading I rushed over to the photo and picked it up. My vision went blurry as I held the photo in my hands. I cried. I sunk to the floor and cried. I sobbed until there was nothing left.

"Hey Vivian! How are-" Tobi walked into my apartment, he froze and ran over to me. All he did was hold me close as I cried, clutching the photo to my chest.

~+~+~

/17/06/2017/

~Kate <3