Chapter Nine.

"Knock knock!" someone said at my door and I chuckled, recognizing that voice instantly. I opened the door to let Ethan in.
"Afternoon Ethan, I was just about to make some lunch, care to join me?"
"Sure!" I walked back into the kitchen and continued to stir the soup, bringing out another bowl for Ethan. "What's cookin' good lookin'?" I looked at Ethan weirdly and he laughed.
"There won't be anything for you in a minute, could you help me please?" he got up and walked into the kitchen, "could you please put some toast into the toaster?" he did that and sat back down. By then the minestrone soup was heated through and I dished it out into the bowls, putting it in front of Ethan with a spoon. I buttered the toast and put that in front of us.
"Cheers Viv." he chuckled as he took the first spoonful.

"So Ethan," he looked up as he finished his bowl, "I need your advice on something."
"Shoot away," I got up and retrieved the note Simon gave to me earlier today, Ethan read it and his eyes widened.
"I don't know what he means by casual." Ethan gave me the note back and I just looked at him.
"Hmm... Just dress like how you normally would." I gave Ethan a 'really' face as I stood up and looked down at my attire. Fluffy socks, tracks and an old shirt, he laughed and I sat back down. "I was thinking more along the lines of jeans and a nice shirt? I dunno, ask a girl these questions, I can't help you much Viv."
"You gave me ideas Ethan, that's what matters,"

"That's right! Talking about girls. I actually came down here for advice believe it or not, but lunch was a bonus." I laughed as I began the cleanup phase.
"Talk Ethan." I chuckled.
"Okay, so, where to start..."
"Her name is a good starting point,"
"Her name is Emily, really nice girl."
"Got any photos?" he nodded and I walked over to see a photo of them together. "I ship it, she's really pretty." he nodded.
"I've taken her on one date, to the movies, but I don't know where to take her next. I want to go on another date, and I got that vibe from her as well, but I've got to take her somewhere nice yano?" I nodded and thought for a second.
"What about Thorpe Park? During the night I reckon. Then maybe dinner after or at the park." Ethan smiled and stood up to hug me.
"Thanks Viv, you just gave me an idea. I'll see you around." I hugged him and he walked out of my apartment, shutting the door behind him.

"I've got a few hours left," I said out loud as I walked into my painting room, hiding from the real world.

I set the hair straightener down and looked at myself in the mirror, I was wearing skinny jeans, a dark blue singlet and a leather jacket 'casual' clothing I huffed. Just then there was a knock on the door and I looked at my phone to see that the time was 6 pm. Right on the dot, I walked out of the bathroom and opened my front door to see Simon standing there holding a stock flower.
"Another one," he said in a deep voice and I laughed, letting him in. I put the new flower in the vase and put on my Nikes. We walked out of my apartment and went to ground floor. Simon grabbed hold of my hand as we walked off the complex and over to his car.

I looked out the window as he pulled up to a building. We both got out and I got to read the sign a bit better.
"Atlanta's Aquarium," I read out loud. Simon and I walked inside and I was amazed, he paid for us and we walked inside. "This is, wow." I breathed out, I was gobsmacked at everything.
"Before we go any further, I must admit I asked your brother for date ideas." he chuckled and I laughed at him.
"Harry knew I always had a thing for sea creatures, especially..." I walked away from Simon and over to a huge tank, watching a turtle swim right past me, "turtles..." Simon walked over and the turtle swam close to the glass, right near Simon and myself. "Stay right there Simon," I said as I ran back a bit, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. "Okay, turn your body sideways, like that!" I held the phone up to take a picture, "now, hold your hand like you're going to touch it." the turtle moved and I hissed in annoyance, before moving Simon around. Once everything was perfect I took the picture.
"You got it? My arm hurts." I laughed and nodded as I walked back over to Simon, showing him the picture. Simon was a silhouette in the picture, so was the turtle but you could easily see that it was turtle and someone. Simon's hand was perfectly on the turtle's nose, the only colour in the picture was from the water which was a green-blue colour. I smiled at the photo and put away my phone, holding Simon's hand tightly.

~+~+~

~Waves~ Hiya!

Yes, I know I've been away for nearly a fortnight. Sorry :/. But, I come back to see that Then & Now has over 7k reads! Mad! That just blows my mind that people actually read this crap xD But then I see that my even cringer story (Bad grammar I know.) has over 12k reads :O I need to edit that again xDI don't know what I did to deserve you guys :*

Bye!
~Kate <3 <3 <3
(Updated 27/02/2017)