Chapter Twenty.

"Bye Harry!" I smiled as he walked over towards the door, ready to leave,
"Bye Viv! Bye Tobi," Tobi walked over to Harry and they quietly talked. Tobi then nodded and walked back over to where we were sitting on the couch. My brother let himself out and Tobi turned to face me, muting the tv.
"Why did you and James," he cleared his throat, "I mean your ex, break up after London?" I picked up the photo of London from the coffee table and placed it in my lap.
"Be ready for a story," I chuckled.

"Around a week after London died I wasn't coping well. James and I were married for around a year and a bit then. I refused to talk and I just moped around the house really. I felt like London was the only thing that held us together once she was born, and with me in that state I guess it didn't help. James was devastated once she died but he remained strong but I knew it hurt him. After that we kept on having arguments, and they just got worse and worse every time. I loved James and after losing London I couldn't lose him as well. But, just seeing his face everyday smiling at me when he got home just reminded me so much of her. She had a lot of her father's features as well," I smiled over at Tobi, "after one argument I just snapped at him and broke down in tears. He said it would be best if we just stopped seeing each other and I agreed... I still talked to him, every now and again but ever since he moved to the South Island I lost all communication with him. I had lost everything at that point and luckily Laura came around that day when she did..." Tobi picked up my hand and kissed it and I hugged him.

"You're okay now..."he hummed and I nodded. I got up and walked into my room, retrieving a old shoe box from my cupboard.
"Go on, open it," I nudged it towards him and he opened it, "my wedding ring, wedding photos, photos of London, everything I had in New Zealand is in here, in photo form of course." I watched as Tobi picked up my wedding ring.
"It's beautiful, it suits you Viv," I smiled and shook my head.
"Last time I heard from James he said he's got a new girl and I'm happy for him."

*Two weeks later.*

A quick knock on my door made me stand up and answer it. It opened wide to see Simon standing there.
"You ready?" I nodded and shut my door behind me, following Simon to his car. I got into the passenger seat just in time to see Simon was putting on his glasses and I smiled and he winked.
"Who else is going to be there?" I asked Simon as he pulled out of the carpark.
"Everybody and their girlfriends basically," he chuckled and I smiled, looking down at my attire. For tonight's outing with everybody to Thorpe Park I was wearing black vans, dark skinny jeans, a plain grey shirt and a black hoodie.

Once we got there I jumped out of Simon's car and ran straight towards my brother, who hugged me tightly, I hugged Katie as well. By then Simon had walked over and as our big group walked into the lit up park Simon's hand slipped into mine and I smiled, looking up at him.
"Come on lovebirds!" Ethan yelled, "you've got all tonight to get a room so hurry up!" I looked up and Simon, let go of his hand and took off running, Simon just behind me.

-:-:-

I sat down on Simon's bed as we walked into his room.
"No naughty business!" Josh yelled as Simon shut the door to his room and I blushed slightly. I walked over to the door as Simon turned on his computer.
"That goes the same for you!" I laughed as I remembered Freya walked into Josh's room as well. I heard laughing coming from Josh's room as I shut the door. Simon laughed as well and I turned around to look at him to see that he was holding out a controller for me.
"Gang Beasts? Come on I'll show you how to play." He patted the seat in his DX Racer and I sat down in it. He passed me a controller and I held it in my hands as he set everything up. We got put straight into a lobby and I smiled mischievously at the screen as it loaded, remembering the time I played this with Tobi and I decided to make Simon my first target.

Simon shut down his screen as I laid down on his bed, he switched his to over to Netflix and I laughed,
"So is this what the future looks like huh? Not as appealing as owning mass amounts of DVDs." Simon laughed and stood in the doorway,
"I'll be back I'll just grab some drinks and popcorn." I nodded as he moved his hands around before leaving the room. Why is Simon so worked up about grabbing a few things?  

~+~+~

/17/06/2017/

~Kate <3