Adolescents (Pg 1)

Play Music As
You Read:

• Bloods n' Crips •

I stood in front of my dresser as I put on my colors ready to start some trouble which is something me and my brothers did since we were kids, My name is Diamond Jones but the niggaz around the block call me DJ.

I have 5 brothers and 1 sister, my sister is 25 and the oldest out of all of us and, because of my parents dying in a house fire she's the only one left to take care of us because everyone else doesn't care; she works day and night to keep food on the table and clothes on our backs and that's why she's never around to see the shit we do.

My little brother Damian aka DD is 12 years old and the youngest, my brother Shawn is 22, Mike is 19, Rod is 18 , quan is 17 and I'm 15 going on 16 in August.

We all dress in red for the block except for my little brother DD and my older sister. I started exactly when I was 12, but DD talks about it not being how he wants his life to go. He says he wants to move out of Compton, go to college, play football and later become a doctor; I take it as him just being scared, which is expected.

"DJ!", My brother Mike calls out.

"Wassup", I say as I tucked my strap into the front of my pants and put my beater over it.

"Come wit us to hit up this 2-11."

"Ight", I said as I tied my red bandana on my face.

2-11 is basically code for when you robe a place like a store, or something like that.

I headed out of my room and downstairs before walking outside to my brothers Mike and quan.

"Y'all ready?", I questioned.

Mike sucked his teeth before smacking me in the back of my head. He took my gun from the front of my pants and tucked it in the back.

"I told yo ass about that dumb shit, you tryna get caught ma' fucka?"

"Ok my nigga I just forgot", I say frowning.

"You gotta remember this shit or its gone get you caught my tha pigs DJ", Quan says walking down the sidewalk towards the corner store.

"Ight", I say as me and my brother Mike followed behind.

"Ight DJ you walk inside first to case it and make sure it ain't no security guards, niggaz with guns or shit like that; when its all clear come back out and tell me and quan. We got the rest and if we need you we'll say something ight?"

"But I wanna help y'all."

"What the fuck I just say DJ?", He says with an attitude.

"Fine", I say as I approached the store.

I took my bandana of so I wouldn't look suspicious before walking in and looking around, I walked to the back and it was only 2 people inside; the neighborhood crack head and some girl with long black hair.

I walked back out.

"All clear", I say as I leaned against the wall.

"Coo", Mike says before cocking his gun and walking in, Quan did the same and immediately the action began.

"GIMMIE ALL THE MONEY IN THE FUCKIN REGISTER NOW!!!", I heard Mike scream as Quan ran to the back and started grabbing shit.

"NOW!! DONT PLAY WITH ME MUTHAFUCKA, I DON'T THINK YOU WANNA DIE TODAY!!", Mike shouted.

Suddenly I heard gun shots.

"Shit", I say as I grabbed my gun from the back of my pants and ran in.

I gasped at the site, there my brother Quan was laid out on the ground; I jetted to him. Thank God he's still breathing, he only got shot in the shoulder; I quickly helped him up and headed towards the door.

Gun shots were still being fired, there was more men in the store then I thought, they must have been in the back watching the cameras.

I saw one of the men aiming their gun at Mike and I immediately shot him in his chest, Mike ran back to were the tapes where and ejected the tape before running back out.

He jetted out the store and I followed behind while helping Quan stay up, soon we heard police cars and ran faster, we jetted down the hill and around the corner; we ran so fast that we did not even pay attention to what fuckin direction we were running in.

Slowly we noticed that the bloods graffiti was crossed out and covered by the Kelly park Crips graffiti.

"Shit", Mike says as we looked around.

We're in crip territory.... Fuck.

I hopeeee y'all like it so far and shout out to one of my readers FaithC1997, she gave me the idea for this to be an imagine but I couldn't just let it be an imagine sooo I turned it into a story. I hope you guys like it so far, vote and pleeeeeaassee comment ❤💯🙌