Street Cred (Pg 3)

School Dayz

I sighed, "yes Malory."

She looked at me disappointed.

Ughh long ass talk in 3... 2... 1..

She covered her face with her hands in frustration for a few seconds before removing them.

"Do you know where Quan is?", She asked.

"No"

"He's in the fuckin hospital."

"Oh..", I say scratching my head.

"You both got shot... And it could have been much worse, I get sick of coming back home to this shit; y'all know I work too hard to always be up under y'all grown ass kids and make sure y'all do right."

I sighed cause I knew she was right.

"Now you start school next week on Monday, and if you get kicked out as many times as you did last year or at all..... I'm kicking you out of this house; I can't deal this year, I really can't."

"Wow... But you ain't gone kick Mike, Quan and Ron out; and I was just helping DD", I say frowning.

"You're younger but you're smarter, they been in this gang shit for too long and it's all they know; the only reason they go school is cause it's required but you Diamond... You're smart and you have potential... Don't waste it. Plus DD has to learn to help himself"

I looked away. "Okay.."

I continued, "can you take me to the hospital now? My arm and leg is fucked up."

She laughed. "Ight let's go."

"Shut up it ain't funny", I say holding back laughter.

•••••• First Day of School ••••••
(Centennial highschool)

•Monday•
Diamonds P.O.V.

I followed my little brother inside of the school and we made our way into the lunch room.

"Aye Damian", I called out to my little brother.

He walked to me. "Yeah?"

I leaned down to him. "This year I don't wanna hear nothin' about that bullying shit, don't let them muthafuckas punk you."

"Okay", He says shaking his head up and down.

"I'm serious DD, they put they hands on you then you fuck them up; we not going through this again this year ight?"

"Okay", He replied.

"Strong?", I say smiling.

"Strong", He says as a smile stretched across his face.

"Ight, have a good first day", I say while giving him dap.

"Ight", He says before walking away.