Part 22. Fans, Trips to town, and Ballerinas. What a fun day.

Lucas's Pov:

I wake up and look around the room. Sabrina was  no where in sight. I walk out of my room and into the hall.  James is just now coming out of Emily's and his room. He stares at me.

"You think Grandma had the talk with Sabrina." James asks. I stare at him. I knew exactly what talk he was talking about. The broken talk. She told all of her grandkids's boyfriends/girlfriends about how broken they we're. Hoping that they would break up. And some did. But some stayed. James stayed for Emily. And Maybell stayed for Max. All the other people they've  gone out with took what she said to heart. But the ones who stayed you know our the ones who are right for you. I let this roll through my head. Hoping to God she didn't say anything to Sabrina.

"I sure as hell hope not." I say. And we walk into the kitchen. Finding the girls all laughing. And no sign of Grandma. I walk over to Sabrina and she smiles at me. James gives Emily a kiss on the forehead. And she smiles.

"What we're you guys talking about." I ask. And the girls laugh.

"You know Sabrina is a sure keeper. You need to bring her around more often. I like her, Luc. She's much better than that one brunette you brought out here last time." Maybell says. Sabrina stares at me and for a few moments there's an awkward silence. The brunette she was talking about was Riley. The first girl I ever broke. The first girl I ever loved. That was about 3 years ago Freshman year to be exact. I brought her here after about dating her for about 5 months knowing I already loved her. I wanted her to meet my family. My grandmother gave her the speech. But Riley stayed.  For awhile.

Sabrina stared at me she looks shocked and confused but then she smiles, which causes me to smile.

"So when do you wanna head to town." I ask Sabrina. She stares at me still confused but also happy.

"Wait-why are you guys going to town." Emily asks as James is holding onto her waist.

"Lucas here, is taking me shopping." Sabrina says a smile appears on here face.

"Wow, willingly. Most guys won't do that. Isn't that right James." Emily says glaring at James.

"Great you got me in trouble. Thanks Luc." James says teasing me.

"So you ready." Sabrina asks. And I lead her out of the kitchen. We step onto the porch and find my grandmother outside feeding the chickens. Sabrina stares at her.

"Don't forget what I said Sabrina." Grandma says.

"I won't." Sabrina says. I lift her up into the truck. And then I hop in and start it. And we drive down the road to town. Were silent for a little bit Sabrina is looking out the window.

"So what did my grandmother say to you." I ask. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Nothing." Sabrina says.

"She gave you the broken speech didn't she." I say. And Sabrina turns and looks at me.

"You know about that speech." Sabrina says. Her eyes widen.

"Yeah, she told the first girl I ever loved  it. And every guy Emily's dated. And I'm sure she told it to Maybell as well." I say. She stares at me. Confused and also happy again.

"You know. I'm gonna stay and get to know you right." She says grabbing my hand. I smile.

"Thank you." I say as we pull into town.  Sabrina  stares out the window as we pass a couple of shops. We pass a creative arts dance studio for kids.

"Wait go back." Sabrina says pointing to the store and letting go of my hand. She acts like an excited kid wanting to go to a candy store. I turn around and we pull in. She hops out of the truck almost falling on the ground but I catch her. She smiles and grabs my hand pulling me inside the studio. She smiles and walks into the dance room. Its filled with little girls dancing ballet.  They stare at Sabrina as she walks in.