Part 29: What happened to Macie and Kermit?

15 years ago

In a small little house where two beautiful 6 year old blonde twins lived. Only 2 candles lit in the small room as a nightlight to keep away the so called monsters that would hide under your bed. The younger twin the one who never sleeps wanted to play even though it was already midnight

"Maya let's play." She shouts at her sister waking her up.

"Macie why can't we just sleep." Maya shrugs turning over in her bed staring at her twin sister.

"Maya! Please!" Macie shouts.

"Fine, but we can't stay up to late mom will be mad at us." The oldest twin tells the other. So two dance around in the room singing songs.

"What about hide and seek?" Maya asks her twin. Macie nods.

"You hide I'll count." The younger one says. So Maya runs into the hall but when she closes the door behind her it hits the nightstand where the candle that lit the room had laid causing it to fall to the floor still lit.

Maya hid in hallway closet waiting for her sister. After what felt like days but was only about 10 minutes of hidding she could smell smoke she tried to open the door but it locked from the outside in. Oh how she forgot it did that.

"Maya! Macie!" Her mother yelled through the house.

"Mommy!" Maya yelled through her coughs the smoke had filled her lungs.
The door to the closet opened slightly and her mother laud eyes on the small blonde.

"Mommy!" Maya yelled and leaped into her mother's arms. The hallway filled with Smoke.

"Hurry get her out of here!" Kermit yelled at his wife who was in panic mood.

"What about Macie?" Katy asks while coughing trying to shield Maya away from smoke.

"I'll find her!" Kermit yelled and pushing Katy forward. Katy tried her best to avoid flames. But she could barely breath but she knew she had to get her daughter to safety. Eventually she got through the flames and out of the house in shock. The fire trucks got their shortly after and examined the two.

"My....my...daughter....please...get my daughter." Katy tried to speak to the firemen but her lungs were still full of smoke.

"We're helping her right now." The firemen tells her before she could say she had another daughter she passed out and they put her on an oxygen tank.

The firemen searched the whole house but never did they find Mayas sister or her father. They were assumed dead. But there were no bodies to prove it but Katy would never tell her daughter that. She told her that they were dead. Maya doesn't remember that night very well but Katy she remembers it all.

10 years ago.

A little 10 year old blonde played at the park where her mother played on her phone setting up singing lessons for her on the phone not watching the little girl. The girl sang to herself just little hums and some la la la's while she played in the sand with her toys.

"Maya." Another little girl asks who almost looks exactly like Maya except she had brown hair you could tell it had been dyed that color. The little blonde perked up and stared at the girl almost as if looking in a mirror.

"You wanna play?" Little Maya asks her twin.

"I cant."

"Why not?" Maya asks the girl.

"I don't know how?" The girl tells her looking down. Maya hands her a toy.

"You just play. You don't gotta know how." Maya tells her. Maya and the girl play for awhile.

"Maya!" Katy her mother calls still not looking at her child.

"I got to go." Maya tells the girl standing up.

"What about your toy." The girl asks.

"Keep it." Maya tells her then walks to her mother.

To this day the girl kept the toy reminding her all about her sister. She was never aloud out of the house after that night. Her father Kermit kept her locked in the basement of their log cabin hiden far far into the woods.

The girl never knew anyone but her father she remembers Maya maybe it's a twin thing but she feels a strong bond with her. Macie wishes she could leave and get out of the dark scary basement but her father will never allow it. He was the one who started the fire that night so many years ago not Maya when she let the candle fall to the floor. He did he turned on the gas of the stove and let the place explode faking his own death and his daughters. He had alot of bad men after him and it was the easiest way to save himself.

He was a bad man before the fire and even worst after. But Macie didn't know the difference between good or bad she didn't even know the difference between the sun and the moon. She was trapped with no way out hoping one day she would find her sister.

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter I hope you got filled in on some of the missing peices. More of the story on the fire later on.)