18.

The police arrived with some officers to search for more evidence of the men that broke into her house. Alex was showing the official Officer Brown where she had seen this all take on effect. Matt happened to be still at Alex's house when Officer Brown entered to inspect the breaking and entering of the robbers. As all three people walked down to the garage they notice some holes in the walls of the basement. Brown went over to the biggest hole and said, " Before or after they hit you, Mrs Kingston?" Matt spoke up saying stupidly, " Before...." Alex grunted in disgusted saying to the Officer, " After," then she turned to Matt tossing her wildly blonde curly back while rolling her eyes at the same time. Matt shrugged his shoulder by saying, " What?" They continued to walk towards the garage door, and they all walked into the big empty room with Alex's shiny car sitting in the garage with a big crack in her windshield. Officer Brown answered saying, " So how come you didn't hear all this? What time where you home last night?" In the middle of his sentences he cleared his voice to begin another speech. Alex spoke saying with a long sigh, " I was asleep by the time I heard someone in my house, and I have a bad habit of drinking before bedtime," Alex took a minute before answering, " I wasn't home from my practices until 10-ish." Matt cleared his throat saying, " Why does this matter?" Alex nudged Matt in the chest saying, " Matt!?" Matt frowned and then the Officer spoke to both of them saying, " Matt, you can wait upstairs if you don't mind." Alex answered saying, " Matt has brought to my attention this morning that the press is wondering if I will go to court and if I catch the victim then yes." Officer Brown said, " I don't think, Mrs Kingston, that you'll need to go to court." Matt walked up stairs to leave the suspect to be found. Alex said, " Would you like to see my garage, Officer Brown?"