Chapter 4 - I'm Just A Kid

"I'm telling you, it doesn't make sense. Why would Ben try to be with Leslie Knope," I was at Robbie's locker talking to him about the recent Parks and Rec episode I had watched. "He would be sacrificing his job that's so important to him. It isn't plausible."

We were in between classes, waiting for the last hour of the day to finally tick by.

Before Robbie, who has seen every episode thus far, could begin his rebuttal I was slammed againts the cold, hard metal. Combination locks jabbed into my back, leaving me totally vulnerable.

It would just make everything worse for me. I grabbed a tissue on my way upstairs. Going towards the bathroom I stopped to look into my room. My father was supposed to be finished fixing my wall today.

Surely enough, he was finished. I stepped back in the hallway to find my mum opening the bathroom door!

As it was opening I escaped back into my room, hiding behind the wall. I waited for her to make her way to the stairs. It seemed to only be my little brother though. I sighed a sigh of relief.

Then, I made my way across the hall only to bump into my mum! Fantastic! I shoved my hands into my pockets.

"Troye! Sweetie! I thought I heard you come in. How was-" She had stopped speaking. "Honey, what happened to your nose?"

I acted like I had no idea what she was talking about. "What?"

"It's bleeding." She simply said.

I took one hand out and reached up to touch the wet blood.

"Oh. Mhm, that's weird." I exclaimed.

"You don't know how this happened, Troye?" I shrugged in reply hoping she would use logic and say it was because of the weather or something.

"Ok. Just clean it up, kay?"

I nodded and she went back to whatever she was doing. Whereas I was getting the metallic red liquid all over the rug.

After a while I got my nose to stop bleeding and had scrubbed the rug enough to get most of the stain out.

My phone played Friday by Rebecca Black. Best song to play on a Friday.. 'cause it was Friday.. So, yeah.

Unknown: Cheers my friend! It's the weekend! We should go get wasted with Adam Lambert!

I immeadiately got tons of messages from blocked numbers. They were saying hateful things. Terrible things. I ran into my room to find something to bust my phone with. I found a hammer and decided it was my best bet. Easiest bet.

I hurried back to the bathroom, arms raised, ready to break my phone. But my mum was standing over my cell scrolling through the texts.

The look on her face made me hurt more. She looked just as broken as I did.

"Troye." Was all she could muster.

I couldn't say anything. Nothing at all. I couldn't even move.

Another text came in. She read it. She started to sob. She handed my phone back to me, hesitated, and then took it away again.

"Who is texting you these things?! People from school?" She screamed.

"I think it's people from the internet. I don't have any problems at school." I lied. My acting was coming in handy today.

"It's okay, mum. School is school. They're just haters. It's YouTube. Everyone has 'em." I reassured her with lies.

I hugged my mother. "It's nothing, okay?"

"Ok, sweetie. Whatever you say. Just know I'll make their lives a living hell if I ever see that again."

Our mother-son thing was done then. Tyde peeked out his door. He looked startled. I ruffled his hair.

"Hey little man." And smiled.

Later that night while I was still awake in the wee hours of the morning I heard a door open in the hallway. Suddenly, mine was creaking open slowly too. And before I knew it, in walked Tyde. In the darkness of my room, he looked even smaller than I did. He spoke.

"Troye. You awake?"

I sighed. "Yeah, Ty."

He seemed to have nodded. But then realizing I couldn't see he said "Ok."

A few minutes of his staring and awkward silence and I forced myself to speak.

"What do you want Ty?"

"Well, I-" His head sank. "What's going on with you at school?"

"What do you mean? School's fine Ty." I lied once again to someone importent to me.

"C'mon Troye, you and I both know that something's going on there! You can tell me anything. I'm your brother." He pleaded.

"Tyde, you have to promise. Promise you won't tell mum, dad, no one." Tyde brought his pinky finger out.

"Alright, you swore on it. You can't tell."

"Ok." He wailed. "Why aren't you telling me?" He said.

"Because, I didn't say I was going to tell you now. Besides, school is school. The only pain I'm going through is having to wake up and show up."

"Oh- C'mon Troye!" And with that he stumbled out of the room. Only, I still got no sleep that night. The truth behind my lies and the texts kept me awake, barely holding on to the world.

I'd never really been bullied before. It hurt to know what it was like and I didn't like it. I knew in my heart that it could be bad but I also knew that my bullying could get worse.

Nonetheless, I still had to get up for school on Monday.

That deffinitely sucked. My phone went off. Wait a minute, mum had my phone, what is this?

I searched for the light. I picked up the phone. Tyde's phone.

-:-:-:-

Questions:

1 - Has anyone heard about Paul Walker's death?

2 - How do you guys like it?!(:

3 - I know these are somewhat uninteresting questions.. soo. Yeah.

Peace.(: