Chapter 8 - Show Me What I'm Looking For

"If we're only ever looking back we'll drive ourselves insane."

I was listening to Bastille. They're amazing! New favorite artist.

My head phones were taken off of my ears.

"What are you listening to?" Tyler asked.

"Just music. Why?" I asked in return.

"Because, we're supposed to be hanging out. Don't you want to do something?"

I was so glad to have seen Tyler again. He had tweeted me for my number and we'd been hanging out for about a week. It felt like things were taking a turn for the better. Well, hanging out is such a lie. We'd been doing.... Nothing. But talking, we've been doing that.

"Like what?" I said.

"Let's, I don't know, go mini golfing!"

"Not a bad idea actually." We set out and went to the nearest mini golfing place. It was not near at all. This place was the next town over! Almost half an hour away. Tyler was vlogging about it.

"This shit, I mean, it better be quality shit or else..." He warned.

"Yeah. This better be worth it. There's supposed to be an ice cream place right next to it, so." I added.

We pulled up to a darkened mini golfing place. "Closed. Open from 9am - 6pm Sundays." I read.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Tyler exclaimed.

I noticed there were little kids with their parents at the ice cream place and told Tyler.

"Well, the ice cream place is still open." He spoke to the camera.

We took turns holding it while we ordered our ice cream. Tyler got the classic hot fudge sundae and I got a milkshake. We sat there eating and drinking, Tyler filming our conversation and witty remarks throughout it.

I fished in my pocket for my iPhone.

Mum: Where are you, sweetie? It's late.

"Oh, I've got to go. Mum's wondering where I am."

We packed up our stuff and raced to the car. I fell in the process but still managed to beat the cackling Tyler.

"I got that on film! Hahahaa!" He cackled his cackling cackle.

I just pouted.

The drive home was interesting. We talked about our most embarresing moments. All too soon, though, we were in front of my house.

"Believe it or not, I actually had a fantastic time. Thank you." I smiled.

Tyler agreed.

I was about to open the door when Tyler grabbed my wrist.

"Troye, wait. I've got to tell you something." He paused.

All I heard then was an odd blaring noise. Tylers mouth was opening and closing in time to it. What the-

***

I slammed my hand down hard on my damn alarm. Rise and fuckin' shine, I guess.

School. Thrusday. No.

I rolled over and desperately tried to go back to sleep.

"Troye, buddy, get up. You've got school." My dad entered my dark room and said.

I groaned, and cried at the same time. Footsteps clattered to my bed and soon my father was rolling me off of the bed. "Oh God. Nooooo." I complained.