Chapter 16 - Staying Up

I didn't know what would happen. I hadn't tried to contact him in a few days. Well, actually hours, but it felt like days. I knew he was avoiding me, which was what I'd predicted when I saw him that morning in my bedroom. But, I knew I had to do it. I was not going to call him, though. He could easily ignore and decline a phone call, or not answer a text. I was going to his home, and stand on his front porch until he let me in. I was going to stand in the rain, yes, I was.

I was actually on the city bus at the moment. If I had driven the car to his house, he would tell me to drive off back home. My plan was to stand there, as I said before, and wait for him to let me in, and since I took the bus there he would have to let me enter because his house was all the way across town. To make it short, I was going to wait him out. One point for Troye.

The bus was almost at my stop so I prepared myself for the cool rain which took away some of the humidity. I got a feeling that I wouldn't be successful in my mission, or whatever, but I brushed it away and climbed off the bus. Now I was walking the remaining three blocks to Tyler's apartment. The apartment in which I'd only visited once, but a thousand times in my dreams. The man I was afraid to think about because I'd haunted him. And now I was on my way to figure this all out, just so everything, or anything could be clear.

The pavement was wet with raindrops but the smell of the rain on the concrete was soothing. I liked that smell for some reason. Some people could not pick out the smell, and others hated it. But I felt that it was one of the greatest scents.

Tyler's front door was right in front of me then. The hard, cold metal waiting to be knocked on. I lifted a shaking fist and knocked three times, then I waited. Five minutes I waited, and then I knocked again, impatience rising withing me.

What the-

A car door slammed behind me and someone gasped. I turned my body 180 degrees and stared into the eyes of the owner of this house.

"Troye, what- Why are you here?" He asked, a hint of sass in hid voice.

I told him what I needed to know, and explained why I was in his presence. He looked away for a while, maybe hoping that I would just give up and leave. I thought about it a little bit too, while we were standing there, not speaking. Finally as if he couldn't wait another second, Tyler gave in being scared and pulled me into a hug.

"Whoa." I said, startled. This, I hadn't anticipated. It had felt like years since Tyler's arms had been around me. But this moment couldn't last forever, I needed answers. I slipped out of his embrace.

"Ty, can I, maybe, come in? Please." I knew Tyler knew what was going on now.

He unlocked the door and guided me through the doorway.

"Troye, you can just sit anywhere. Just wait here while I put this stuff away." He asked of me. But being me, I couldn't wait. I had waited long enough.

"Do you know what's going on here? I mean, can we talk?"

His head went limp, almost and he turned just enough to see me out of the corner of his eye. Tyler's body language gave off a vibe of discomfort.

"I know you're uncomfortable, but I love you and I need you to know that." I looked at him, not at all surprised about what had escaped my lips. I loved him, and I should have told him ages ago.

"Troye. I-" He spoke, exasperated. Instead of finishing his sentence he kissed me. But it was gentle, not forceful. It lasted a while. So did the feeling long afterwards. I wanted more, but I didn't have a one track mind, I knew we had to drop that. We needed to talk.

"Are you still scared of me? Because I need to explain some things."

"No. No, I was never afraid of you. I was scared for us." Tyler said. I wondered whether he meant that or if he was actually scared of us.