Chapter 14 - The Calendar

I put another "x" on the calendar. Marking off another day in which I'll do nothing. But today was different. Today was the day. The day where I would look for clues and investigate and shit.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed with no shirt on wondering why I would be spending a beautiful spring day traipsing around town looking for some sign of a psychopath. It kind of sounds like it came right out of a movie, huh?

Assuming it was Phil that was doing this I guess I should go figure out what he's been doing. How, you may ask, was I going to do that? Well, I was going to bring Robbie with me. He was supposed to be here 11 minutes ago. Where is he?

To pass the time I scrolled through Twitter. I checked my Direct Messages. It's a nice day to reply to some fans.

@troyesivan: I- I just wanted to say hi.. Can I have your shirt??xD

For some reason that tweet stood out to me the most, it struck me as funny. I replied.

@JanoItsAnna: Hello! Give me your address and I will gladly give you my shirt! ^-^

There was a knock on my door. I looked up. "Hey, Rob. We'll get going in a minute." I told him as I sent the tweet.

"About that. Where are we going and what are we going?" He asked me.

"I'll tell you as soon as we leave." I picked up my shirt and put it on.

With that, we ventured out the door, out of my house and into the sun.

"Ok, so I've heard that the first thing you need to do to start an investigation is to state the facts." I said.

"What are we even investigating, Troye!" Robbie snapped.

"Hold on." I started. "Fact one: We've got no facts." Robbie stood there waiting for an answer. "I think we should start out loo-"

"WHAT. ARE. WE. DOING?!" Rob interrupted.

"Well, then!" I sassed. "And since you want to know so badly at the moment, I am trying to figure out who has been leaving me things."

"What kind of things?"

"These." I pulled out two notes. Robbie examined them.

He asked me who I suspected left them.

"I've got no clue, they just show up at random. But I'm thinking it could be Phil." I responded.

"Let's go to the lake then. That's where he spends most of his time."

We picked a spot near to where Phil was fishing and hid. Our plan was to stick it out and follow him. It's all we've got, so don't judge.

Phil hadn't caught any fish yet and he'd probably been here all morning. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't any fish here.

"You know, maybe he should try using some bait?" Robbie leaned over and suggested.

"Yeah. I think his brain would suffice." I chuckled.

"No, I don't think the fish would even breath if Phil's finger touched the water."

"You think so?" I laughed.

Robbie let it out and we broke down laughing.

"Good times, dude." I forced through my shaking lips. I found it hard to speak because of all the laughter.

Robbie pat my arm, his laughter dying down a bit. "Dude, born enemy, three o'clock."

Phil was eyeing us down. Recognition spread scross his face and he dropped his fishing pole.