Chapter 13 - Overjoyed

"Troye, are you done pissing, or can we go catch that drive-in movie?" Tyler asked outside my bathroom door.

I washed and dried my hands, then opened the door and stared into his delectable blue eyes.

"We can go see the movie now. And keep it down, mate." I said. "Just because my parents love you like their own child does not mean you can go around shouting profanities." I smiled.

Of course, Tyler didn't care all that much about what I'd just said, but he always listened when I told him to keep it down around my folks.

"It's about time. You pee slower than the snow melts in this town."

"Ha ha." I mocked. "You're hilarious, my friend." We walked down the stairs, me behind Tyler. Tyler's plan was that we were going to the drive-in to see a replay of Toy Story.

As I buckled up in the passenger seat of his Toyota I began to think of the conversation we'd had over the phone last night. I knew, just by his voice, that something was up.

"So, yesterday." I started.

"Yesterday?" Tyler questioned.

"Yesterday, you wanted to go for a quick ride but I said I couldn't. I said we could go on one today." I spoke.

"So?" Tyler asked. "What's your point?"

"Uh," Maybe I was wrong about the entire thing. Maybe I had just assumed. "Well, this isn't a quick ride. So I was wondering if something went wrong yesterday and maybe you wanted to talk about it."

A chuckled escaped from Tyler's mouth. "Just because I asked to go for a quick ride doesn't mean that something's wrong!"

I asked him if he was sure.

"Yes! I am completely, absolutely sure. People go for quick rides all of the time, Troye!"

It seemed as if he was offended by my words, so I apologized. After two minutes of listening to Tyler's exasperated breathing I spoke again. "You ready to go watch Toy Story?"

We drove off to the direction of the drive-in. The ride was silent. Not even the radio could break it. I was fearful of speaking to him again. If he was angry at me, for whatever reason, then I did not want to make it worse. So the awkward silence grew between us, filling the car, giving me a larger inability to talk.

Luckily, we were almost there. Sooner or later this itty bitty nightmare would be over. Tyler and I could watch Toy Story together and forget this whole debacle.

"And, Stacey's Drive-In, we've arrived." Tyler said, mimicking a game show host's voice.

"Yes, the socially awkward Tumblr boys are here." I added.

"And we think we're God-damn cool." He said in return. "Crap, we've already missed half of the opening scene. Thanks, Troye."

"You're welcome, Tilly." The film had started already, of course. It was at the part where Andy was talking to his mum, all excited about his birthday party decorations.

At some point during the film, my hand had made its way all the way over to Tyler. Unsure if I should hold his or just pull my hand away, I saw Tyler's hand grab mine.. felt his hand grab mine.

If I could just live this moment, trust me I would. In this moment, there was no fear of any danger, no stress about school, no stress about him. It all just felt right in this moment. The thought of knowing it could end just as soon as it happened gave me all the more reason to savor it, enjoy it.

Then, the moment was over, as the movie had ended. But Tyler's hand stayed firmly in mine as he steered the car with the other.

Tyler was driving me home. It was a good night, even if it was over. You've just got to learn to be optimistic. "Toy Story has got to be on of the best animated films in the history of animated films." He said as he took a wrong turn.

I called him out on it.

"Who said I was going to take you home after the movie?" Tyler sassed me.

"Okay, then where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I looked out the window, felt the fresh air on my skin, felt it blow through my hair. It felt brilliant. The temperature hadn't been this warm in forever. 70 degrees outside, couldn't get any better than that, right now at least.

Sooner or later we reached a pond. It was near the edge of town, far away from the center of town. The water was beautiful with the full moon reflecting off of it. I got out of the car, as did Tyler.

We walked along the edge of the pond, both of us with words on our lips but waiting to say them. There was a most appealing boy next to me who I felt needed to get something out. I was going to coax it out of him one way or another.

"You know, the only thing that could make this better is if the night could go on forever." The only thing that could make this better is if he were mine. That's what I really wanted to say.

"Yeah." Tyler sounded uneasy, his knees slightly wobbly. I steadied him with my hand on his shoulder.

"You alright?" He nodded.

"I just- do you want to know what's going on with me? For real?" Tyler asked, sitting me down on the grass alongside him.

"Yes. I do." I sincerely said.

"Troye, I am scared." he started. "I'm scared of waking up one day to find that all I have done in life was a joke. I don't want to be looked at like I'm a no good, crappy lowlife who's got nothing to show for himself. I want to be brave, and stand up to people. Like you did to that creep Phil."

"How'd you know about that? How did you know I stood up to Phil?" I said.

"Someone video taped it. It's on YouTube." He told me.

Oh.

"That fact is, you made it look so easy to do. You went up there and practically set him straight. Now, with all this shit going on in the fandoms, I'm feeling smaller and smaller each day." Tyler confessed.

I put my arm around him. "Everything you do is not for nothing. You are the bravest person I know, Tyler. You're tall, you're strong. You've got a voice and you can use it. If you've been feeling down, mate, you just call me or come see me."

"Thanks, Troye." He nuzzled his face into my shoulder.

I guess I didn't have to coax it out of him in the first place. I looked at the full moon. I imagined, somewhere, a wolf would be howling, signaling his pack. Tyler was part of my pack. If he ever needed me, all he had to do was howl.

Robbie texted me later that night after Tyler had dropped me off at home.

Rob: Hey, how's it goin' with Tyler?

Troye: Uh, good, I guess. Why?

Rob: I saw that photo of you two on Instagram.

What photo?

Tyler had taken a picture of us watching Toy Story. I texted him.

Troye: You're a sneaky bitch.

Tyler: Oh, I know I am. ^.^

Troye: You're face is priceless though!!

Tyler: x) What can I say, I'm so photogenic.

Troye: Maybe you should be saying the opposite, bud.

Tyler: Go to bed, Troye!

I sent him one last smiley face and layed back on my bed. All I could think about were the memories that we made tonight.

And the full moon that was shining through my open window. I imagined the wolf howling again. Howling loud and clear, it's head high in the air, calling to me.

-:-:-:-:-

I know you all were upset that there wasn't any Troyler in the last chapter.. so here you are!!!! Your wish is my command. :P

Okay, so I think the story is about to get a bit twisted. Just a warning, that's all I can say to you lovelies.

I've got to go to sleep, as it is only Tuesday.. I'll update soon, PROMISE!

I'llLoveYouToInfinityAndBeyond