Chapter 23 - Dead Hearts

Tyler stood outside my door. I heard voices. Then, Tyde walked into the room.

"Hey, how're you doing? Don't worry, it will all be over soon enough. All of the suffering will end." He said.

Sure it will. That's what you said 72 hours ago. I wasn't exactly sure of the time now though. "What's the time? I think I have the right to know since I'm going to die soon."

"It's four in the morning. You know, we'd actually planned to torture you for a little bit, but lucky for you we decided against it because we're running out of time. Your birthday is today and you time of birth is coming up soon."

How many days had I been out for? I remembered the day I went to Tyler's place. That was three days ago. I'd been out for at least 34 hours. What the-

A car door slammed.

"What the hell?" Tyde said.

"POLICE! Exit the house with your arms above your head!"

"What the fuck did you do?!" Tyde backhanded me.

"Sir! We know you're in there, we can hear you! COME OUTSIDE OR WE'RE COMING IN!"

There were lasers covering the walls. Red beams of light every where. Tyde cut the tape on my wrists and legs and he dragged Tyler and I downstairs. Was my mum already out there? I hadn't seen them since yesterday morning. I assumed Tyde was holding me hostage, or as his shield. Once we got out there all of the lasers would be on me.

"You're going to go out there with your arms above your head. Both of you. And you're not going to say anything to anyone because if you do I'll shoot you, okay? Now go." Tyde ordered.

Tyler and I stepped out the front door. I was right about one thing. The lasers were on me, and the cops were making sure that my heart would be pierced and my body blown to bits if I tried anything. A few policemen walked over to us, their fingers still squeezing the trigger. They started to Mirandize us. Other police men were making their way inside. I was going to explode. There were so many things I wanted to yell out loud.

"Don't go in there!" or "It's not me you want." But as they slapped handcuffs on me I realized that wouldn't be a good idea. I was just freed of my restrictions, and now I have new ones. As they turned me around I saw a bloody Tyde in the window. Now what? He saw me too and smiled, then disappeared. "He-"

"HELP! HELP ME, PLEASE!" He yelled from the attic window, taking the words right from my mouth.

The cops rushed their way into the house. I tried to tell them not to but instead I got hit in the back of the head and shoved into the back seat of a cruiser. I watched through the window as they pulled Tyde out of the house and put him on a stretcher. Then, they wheeled him to the ambulance. My guess was that he'd beaten himself to a pulp to frame us. It looked like something from a Jim Carrey movie.

"Uh, Sheriff, you might want to come up here." I heard over the police radio in the car. "There are tons of body parts, it looks like. There are two fresh bodies and uh- God." The man gagged. "Euh. You might want to come see this."

Two fresh bodies? Whose? I looked out the window and saw nothing that appealed to me, just made me sick to my stomach. I was probably going to rot in jail for my "crimes".

A loud gunshot made me shit in my pants, metaphorically speaking. I turned to look out the window just in time to see Tyde shooting another cop. He was on a murder rampage. He aimed for the car I was in, but suddenly lasers were on him and he was being shot instead. That's when I saw them dragging my parents out, lifeless. There was sort of an overwhelming joy that they were all gone. And yet a cop, the sheriff, slid into the car and drove me away.