Chapter 17 - Trade Mistakes

I woke up. I was tied up and I could feel a wound to my head. It hurt like hell. I was still at home. I squinted at the bright light shining in my eyes and tried to remember what happened before I got knocked out. Or did I just pass out? Either way, why was I tied up? I remember looking for my family, but had no recollection why.

"Look who decided to wake up." Someone's deep voice spoke through the darkness.

Something moved in the dark.

"Troye!" I heard my name and saw Tyde run towards me.

"Tyde! Oh, gosh. Help me out of these ropes." I cried. Tyde.

I remember something about Tyde. And blood, lots of it.

I can't, the knots. They're too tight."

I pulled at the rope, pulled my wrists apart. It didn't work. All it gave me was a bad case of rope burn.

"AHH!" I shouted in frustration.

I looked up and my brother was gone. He must be getting help. I still didn't know why I was tied up. Was I even awake?

I pinched myself at first but it eventually turned into slapping.

"Wake up!" Someone shouted at me. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

I was frightened. I didn't know who was yelling. But then I opened my eyes.

Daylight. In my room. Tyde, sitting on my bed. Blood covered his shirt. I reached up towards my bleeding brother. Only I couldn't. My hands and feet were tied.

Of course.

"Tyde." I desperately choked out the name.

He looked up and smiled uneasily. "You're awake."

I could feel a cut on my head, which blood was still spilling out of. It made me woozy. "Where... is mum... and dad." I slurred my words.

Tyde stared at me. A look of vulnerability swept across his face. He needed me. I could feel it. But he wouldn't help me out the ropes that were bound around my wrists and ankles. I looked around for something, anything that would cut the bounds, but, to my despair, nothing in my bedroom would be of any assistance.

Fuck.

I could see Tyde was still bleeding. He was wincing from the pain. How bad had he gotten hurt?

BOOM.

I remembered. I was looking through the dark house and round Tyde, who I had presumed to be dead. I guess not. I remembered seeing his face before everything disappeared. "Tyde. You- You've gotta help me. Someone is in the house. Someone wants to kill me.." I rushed. "And obviously you."

"No one's going to hurt me." He finally said.

"What? Someone already did!" I shouted.

Tyde leapt off the bed. " I DID THIS!" He pointed to where blood was pouring from his injury.

"What?! Tyde! We've got to get you to the hospital. We have to go. Now. We need to-"

"You don't understand, of course. Why would you? I haven't even told you why." Tyde's voice grew monotone, chilling also. He used no inflection.

"I had to do this to prove something to you before it all starts." He spoke.

"Before what? Prove what?"

"I had to prove that," He chuckled darkly. "THAT YOU CAN'T KILL ME!"

I kicked myself backwards as he got in my face.