Chapter 19 - Time

"That's it. That's the answer." I said.

Something in my mind just clicked. I remembered the answer.

"A clock, Robbie! A clock!" I shouted.

"We're getting closer!" He jumped up and down like a little kid. "What do we have so far?"

I listed them in my head before telling him. A hole, an echo, and a clock. I told Robbie the answers I'd gotten so far and we each proceeded to wonder what the link was between them. "Do you wanna go buy Echo House? 'Cause that was pretty good." He said.

I shrugged. It would pass the time. That is exactly what I needed; a break. This was taking a toll on me. "Let's go."

We traipsed out the door and went to the film store. I can't believe this town still has one, it's so old fashioned. Course, in a business like this, there was a small selection to choose from. Redbox and Netflix was selling places like this out. But, we found the horror section within a matter of minutes.

"Echo House..." Rob mumbled, repeating the words. "Where is it?"

We searched the aisle for the film. Eventually, we found it at the end and purchased it for the happy price of $25.00.

"That's a great movie. Written so well." The cashier said.

"Yeah. Yes, I know. It's got great depth." I told him.

"Hey, what's your name? You look familiar."

I looked at Robbie. What the -

"Troye. With an e." I spoke. No way I was giving this man my last name, no way I would ever.

"Is your last name Sivan, by any chance?" He lowered his voice, looking over both of his shoulders.

Sure, that's not suspicious at all. I nodded, slightly. I didn't want to know anything about how this man knew my name.

"You've got a note from someone by the last name Mellet." He handed me a note.

My first thought was that it was from my mum but then I looked at the handwriting, and my hopes were given up. Tyde, of course, was leaving me another bloody clue.

Rob read over my shoulder.

"Nope, this is not another clue. You'll have another one on it's way. You're running out of time, they're getting pretty restless. You need to figure out these clues and how they link together before your 19th birthday."

That's right, my birthday was coming up... in about a week. "Troye, isn't your birthday, like, five days away?" Rob asked.

"Yeah... Yeah, it is."

Shit.

"Sir, when did this person drop off this note?"

He looked up. "Uh, yesterday. Around 4 o' clock."

Clearly Tyde was watching us. He knew what we were going to do next. While we were busy planning our next move, he was already thinking ten steps ahead of us. It was truly irritating.

"And, did he say anything else?" I asked.

"No, he just showed me a photo of you and gave me that." The cashier looked nervous, like he regretted getting into any of it.

I asked him if he'd read the note. He said he had.

"All right, well, if you see this Mellet person can you give him this?" I asked handing him my receipt.

On the back, I had written down where I would be and when. Tyde better show up. I didn't put a date, I was sure Tyde would show up soon. If not, then oh well. I'll find another way to contact him.