Chapter 20 - Don't Fear The Reaper

I awoke from one of the longest nights of my life. I don't consider that a lie even if practically every night here was longer than fuck! I slept on the couch, the thought of all the pain making me cry. What I got out of all of this was pain and suffering; suffering and pain. Those two things never seemed to end.

You know what they say though; "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Sure, that's always great to know. Should I walk outta here in an ecstatic mood and throw everyone a thumbs up? Should I wake Robbie and tell him that quote from the marines? He's got such a great attitude! I know just what he'll say, "Super, Troye! Now you're embracing the good side. There is always hope."

That is a might piece of bull right there.

You know what I want more than anything right at this moment? To wake up with Tyler in my arms. Oh, how I long to see him face, to look into his eyes and into the kind soul that lay within him. We left off on a rather speechless note. We didn't communicate that day they all left me. But the day before he said he wasn't going to be in town. He was flying to L.A. How did Ty get a hold of him if he left so early that morning?

"Eh." My head throbbed. Too many questions. More thoughts came rushing into my brain. More longing for Tyler. More distrust for Tyler. More worry for Tyler. I wanted him here right now. Not just for the meantime, but a long while. I didn't give a flying fuck that he was 25 and I was 18 going on 19! I'd never felt this way about anyone. I'd never gotten this close to having someone. I'd never wanted something this badly. And I wanted it bad.

Now that I had finally caught the love bug and gotten a taste of what it's like, I needed it. I loved Tyler.

Shaking the tears away, i got on my feet, also longing to use the bathroom... Which was upstairs. Dammit, these Minnesotan houses were constructed oddly. I dragged my lazy ass up the stairs. The bathroom was on the left, but I had feeling I should go to the right, to Rob's room. I stood there contemplating my options, but I could only weigh my choices for a short period of time. I needed to piss!

I turned left and what I saw made my stomach clench, everything in it forcing its way up all at once. I vomited. Once done, I screamed bloody murder.

"NO!" I rushed to Robbie's body. His face was pallor. The only color was the blood that must have spewed from his mouth and from his stab wounds in his chest. Right in his chest.

His dad ran in first. The first sight brought tears to his eyes. "NO! ROBBIE! MY SON!" He shouted. Sobbing, he shouted, "My son!"

Then his mother entered and a scream bellowed from her, loud and shrill. As she called the police, I backed away on my hands and feet. I found a good spot in the corner and joined in with crying.

"No." I refused. They may not know who did this, but I knew. I had knowledge that not even the authorities would get the chance to hear. When they arrived I gave all of the information I could give. I know I would become a suspect. Hell, I already was.

Afterwards, I left, going to the once place I knew he would be. As I arrived, my hand hesitated to turn the doorknob. Whatever lay on the other side, I didn't want to know. He probably turned it into some horror show. I mustered up the courage to step over the threshold, and what I saw appalled me.

The house was all spic and span. I had assumed it would lay in ruins, as if no one had lived here for years, decades even. I pictured it abandoned, only still standing because of the love that had once filled every nook and cranny. But it was not at all what I had imagined it to be.

You should never assume something. You'll make an ass out of u and me.