Chapter 9 - Best Friends

Do you want to know where the wind took us? You won't freaking believe it. Hold on. Just wait.

The freaking mini golf place in my dream!

"What's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost or something, Troye."

"It's just, I've been here before. Not actually- It was in a dream. You were in it."

Oh. My. Gosh. Did I really just say that? I stuffed my hands in my pockets, face beet red.

"Oh. So you have been thinking about me?" Tyler spoke.

I sighed. Then I felt infuriated. "Of course I have. I met one of the biggest YouTubers in the freakin' world after they saved my life and then I didn't hear from him for about a week and a half!"

"Troye, I am sorry. Seriously. I was back in L.A. visiting Connor Franta. We were collaborating. Forgive me?" He batted his eyelashes at me.

It was hard to be mad when he was flirting with you. I cannot give in, I knew that. I had to stand up for myself. But, I just couldn't. Dammit.

"I- ok." I sighed.

Tyler smiled. Grinned from ear to ear. He grabbed my shoulder and guided me into the mini golf facility. We picked out our golf balls and the employee gave us our clubs without a second glance. I guess no one realized that I was supposed to be in school.

"So, can you actually play or do you suck at it as much as I do?" I asked Tyler.

He nodded. "I- uh, I can't. At all, I just thought it'd be fun to fail." I chuckled.

Oh, Troye. Here you are, with Tyler Oakley, about to make a fool out of yourself, in front of the cutest boy you've ever met, and you genuinely don't care.

"Man, that takes guts." Tyler looked at me.

"Did I just say that out loud? Gosh! I need to stop doing that!"

Tyler just laughed as he placed his purple ball down. I could feel my cheeks getting red again.

"Alright, alright! First hole! Whooo!" Tyler screamed.

I frantically looked around to see if anyone was staring. That's when I realized that this place was seriously deserted. Looks like it's just Tyler and I.

I watched him putt. His form was hilarious.

Wait. One. Minute.

It was just Tyler and I for a while on this b-e-a-u-tiful spring morning. We could almost be as obnoxious as we wanted. Enough so, as long as we don't get kicked out.

Anyway, back to Tyler's putt. He sticks his butt straight- and when I say straight I mean straight- out. It looks like he's doing that butt bump thing Squidward does on Spongebob.

Then, it was my turn. Tyler hit it 3 times before it went in the hole. I could not beat 3 strokes for my life. Try 7, which is what happened. Never mind that fat that I was already losing, but Tyler was cheering like a Crazy Mofo.

"Tyler! I'm already losing! Why are you cheering for me?!"

"Because! I can!" He smiled at me. Flirtatiously, may I add.

By the fourth hold I was failing to have a good time. "Tyler, I - uh - I thought you weren't good at this?"

"I'm not. Maybe it's just you." Tyler replied.

I pondered that for a bit. As I picked up my ball I said, "Are you trying to tell me that I royally suck at mini golf?"

The now blond haired man nodded, winked, and walked towards me.